Cilian Murphy 3D Model

I made this in my free time.Sculpting and texturing in Zbrush and Photoshop.Rendering done in Blender 2.80 using the new Random Walk SSS for the skin and the Principled Hair Shader for the hair.I might revisit the rendering process in the future :wink:

24 Likes

nice work !!!

1 Like

fantastic work!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

hey thanks!

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Its OK, if you like really close likenesses in a portrait study of Peaky, plus really good skin, and great facial forms and detail. Other than those things, it’s OK … really, really ok

1 Like

Well that’s just Peaky, I mean peachy. Great work.

1 Like

Reduce the severity in the chick in the bottom area that goes to the chin and make the distance between the lower lip and the chin bigger i can’t describe it in English corrected me that I was wrong.

2 Likes

i really would to give it a try but since you did it’s great i would have no interest unless i’m sure i can do better than yours get this photo also good for reference

Everything is great…the lighting, rendering, texturing, etc.

But that doesn’t look like Cilian Murphy.

1 Like

+1. Looks pretty good… but nothing like him, I’m sad to report.

Well, I’d say ‘nothing like him’ is a bit harsh, I knew who it was supposed to be just from the thumbnail. So it’s not that bad.

That said, looking side by side with the actor, the eyes, eyebrows, chin, nose, cheeks are all close-ish, but different. In particular, it’s overly symmetrical.

You were mostly going off this pic, werent you?

I’d recommend you avoid using those kinds of heavily photoshopped and unnaturally lit promotional pics if you’re sculpting actors.

Portrait is not easy, and it’s a very nice render in any case. Keep practicing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it Eevee render or cycles??

Nice work! I think likenesses are the most difficult to pull off when they are in a “neutral” pose - since we almost NEVER see people in a “neutral pose” - there is always at least a hint of an expression.

I kind of knew who this was when I saw the image, but the first thing that popped out at me was that the eyes are too dark. Cilian has striking grey/blue eyes. I also think that adding more “light” (sparkle or reflection) to the eyes would help. Much of the “life” of the likeness comes from the eyes - which is why, at times, in movies and in photoshoots, a specific light (the “eye-light”) will be aimed at an actor or model’s eyes.

Again, nice work. Creating a realistic likeness is a challenge that not many artists take on.

1 Like