Cirilla of Cintra - The Witcher

Hi all,

This is a ‘Remaster’ of a piece I created last year. At the time, I probably bit off a little more than I could chew by creating the full character, which meant the quality suffered a little. This time, I wanted to focus on the portrait only.

I say this is a remaster because I’m reusing my own assets, but in truth, I’ve done a lot to this piece to get it to where its at now.

I’ve made several adjustments to the sculpt, improving the overall anatomy and proportions, aswell as the likeness. Ive also made many tweaks to the hair, and it’s subsequent materials. I’ve also rebuild the skin shader completely, and created a new displacement map, combining old and new techniques.

I recently bought Kent Trammell’s Human course, and though I didn’t follow the course to create this, I did watch it almost in it’s entirety, and picked up many super helpful little bits of information, techniques, etc…which really helped me along the way, and I’m sure will help me a lot more in the future, when I finally decide to model a male character!

I’m incredibly happy with the final result, and feel this is by far the best thing I’ve ever made in Blender.

Modelling, Sculpting, Hair and Rendering all done in Blender.
Texturing in Substance.
Rendered in Cycles on my GPU (Just…) at 1200 samples. A little compositing too.

I hope you like her - Thanks!

Clay and Wire Renders:

18 Likes

Amazing work as always, you’re definitely one of my favorite artists here. I always get excited when I see you made a post in Finished Projects :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, dude! I really appreciate it! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m going to have to strongly disagree. The original looks great, and I’m glad you made it and the videos of you making it. Which isn’t to say that the remaster doesn’t have some improvements because of course you get better with more practice (the makeup and eyes in particular, especially the makeup), but the original still stands on it’s own, and is still one of my favorite Ciri fanarts.

The new one does look more natural, though might have a little less of the style the Witcher models have in game, which I think you captured in the original. Both versions look amazing though.

2 Likes

Well that’s nice of you to say. Don’t get me wrong, I still like my original Ciri, but it was nice to focus on just one bit of her, as opposed to the entire thing, which was a little overwhelming at times.
Obviously I’m leaning more into photo-real (Well, that was the aim, anyway…) for this piece than with the original, which probably removes some of that classic feel the original had.

The curious thing is that the original maxed my PC out with a full body, and all of the textures etc…that entailed - and this portrait, which is just her head and a little bit of clothing is also maxing out my PC. Strange, really…

That is amazing work. So nice too se. I think the skin textures are stunning.

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blush:

Wow, good job, waiting for next your artwork

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart!

Thank you so much! :smiley:

1 Like