CITÉ D'ARGENT [short film]

Hello, today I’d like to share my short movie that won first prize at a local film festival’s short movie contest, Tournai’s RAMDAM Festival (“ramdam” means “noisy” in french)

It’s a movie about how by being a gay man, you can live such beautiful moments, but you’re seen as monstrous and controversial once you’re back in society. The myth of the werewolf is historically pretty different than in horror movies, as it involves someone not living by christian standards, and for many reasons are great metaphors for queer people. The graffitis on the walls might not be clear if you don’t speak french, but they’re all directly taken from homophobic graffitis and stickers from some years ago, when we were trying to get same-sex marriage in France, only adapted for werewolves instead.

I tried to get a stop-motion look, by using stylized characters in realistic environments made by using textures made from photos (using Krita and AwesomeBump). I don’t think the result really looks like stop-motion, but I still like it.

3 Likes