Classic winter cozy mood

Concept art I made for a classic living room in winter cozy and happy mood. Here I’m focusing on getting visual information ( Storytelling ) about the type of characters who lives in this house through their things or props in this scene.
I mixed the Cycles and Eevee renders and used the mask tool in Photoshop to choose the best part from each in the final concept.
I used assets and elements from the awesome BlenderKit and Sketchfab.

This work is based on the following models by Sketchfab licensed under CC BY 4.0. Thanks to the creators:
1-Cuckoo Clock by djcarson
2- Table Lamp by siotech2011
3- Fireplace Shield by Mark Bai
4- Metal hanging lantern by Irina.Tuchna
5- Candle Lantern by Laetitia Irata

23 Likes

Looks really nice. My dad would love to have a living room like this.

Just a heads up: pretty much everything on SketchFab is at a minimum CC-BY, which means you have to list which assets came from SketchFab and who made them, or you’re completely violating the license terms. I know that can be kind of a pain for large complex scenes, which is why I would avoid using sketchfab assets in large complex scenes.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for mentioning that, do I have to add links of the creator’s pages, or do just I have to put the names? Meanwhile, I edited and added the credits, please check it and let me know if I have done it correctly. Thank you again! NanoglyphLee

Well balanced with color palette and lighting. Feels cozy and Romantic a bit.

1 Like

Thank you! Nishant_neeraj

Nice looking room! I wonder what the poly count is like? I like the color scheme too.

1 Like

Thank you! Faces: 5,160,498

Micro-ChimpMicro Chimpson

1 Like

That’s very impressive. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you! Prettypicturegirl

Beautiful work! It gives the feeling of being warm and cozy. I really like the atmosphere.

1 Like

Thank you! M-777

That’s pretty close, but strictly speaking it should include a link to the item, if “appropriate to the medium” and for online sharing like this it would be, since you can put a link in easily at the title or user name. I don’t think you’d get any complaints the way it is now though, since knowing that who made it, what it’s called, and that it’s on SketchFab is probably sufficient for people to find the original, which is the point of the attribution. Adding the link to the item would be the safest option though.

1 Like

NanoglyphLee
Thank you, my friend, for the information, it was nice of you! I tried and It’s my pleasure to add the links but the fact is I don’t have permission to edit this post anymore. The irony is after doing some research I found some of the five elements I used are free to download with Royalty Free License on another site!
What I did eventually, I updated my original blender file and used only the Belnderkit assets, and got rid of any assets that need licensing from a third party; in this way, I can share anywhere without any concerns. :slight_smile:

Weird. Good of you try, at least. I’m just glad you didn’t mind me pointing the specifics of the licensing rules.

I find CC-BY to be too inconvenient to bother with for most projects, so I only download sketchfab models for study.

1 Like

I want to be in that room right now! With a nice glass of red, a good book and some slippers.

Really wonderful stuff. Well done.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

ErraticStatic Thank you! :blush:

bartvBart Veldhuizen Thank you so much! Have a great weekend :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, my friend!
I’m going to add these links in the comments here if you don’t mind, in case anyone wants to know more about the 5 small elements that I used in this render:

The following models by Sketchfab are licensed under CC BY 4.0. Thanks to the creators:
1-Cuckoo Clock
djcarson

2- Table Lamp
siotech2011

3- Fireplace Shield
Mark Bai

4- Metal hanging lantern
Irina.Tuchna

5- Candle Lantern
Laetitia Irata

Have a great weekend :slight_smile: