Clockman

This is a story about a women, who enjoys life, relaxing and painting. One day, something attracted her attention. There is a new neighbour in the building, moved in next door. He is looking like a nice and decent man. He’s got a car, an apartment, a job, an elegant clothes … but he’s acting strange, always looking at his watch, always in sinhronisation with clock ticking. Like a puppet attached to a clock mechanism. He is a Clockman.

This story represents belief that ticking can be silenced. Faith in art and it’s ability to restore balance in our lifes, by showing us there is a life beyond constant production and consumption. Many people just stucked in everyday routine and forgot to enjoy in life.

ANIMATION TECHNIQUE: 3D
GENRE: DRAMA, HUMOR
RUNNING TIME: 00:05:11
FORMAT: 19:6 COLOR
SOUND: STEREO
YEAR: 2013

This project is realised entirely with free and open source software:

• Blender
  • Audacity
  • Gimp

More about this project at: http://igor.kekeljevic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=109&Itemid=511

I would be happy to hear Your critiques or to answer on Your questions about this project.

1 Like

Sweet, i love the cartoon style to it. Nice work. maybe a tut on that effect would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Newsprint effect is done with node material using procedural texture based on dots. Blender doesn’t have procedural dots texture, so I made one from 2 wood textures crossover each other.

Probably for your projects you will need to open Node Group to tweak a scale of dots to have nicer results.

Here are samples of newsprint and dots materials: