Clockwork Fish

Here’s a piece I did for the CGBoost “Pet Robot” Challenge. I’d love any harsh criticism that could help me improve it!

54 Likes

The modeling is nice, but it doesn’t actually look like it’s underwater.

Check out this tutorial on rendering water in a glass vessel:

5 Likes

Damn, it looks Epic, I’m relatively new into blender, but at least I can say that It very, very cool

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

So I took SterlingRoth’s advice and I think I impoved the render. Let me know which you like better:

17 Likes

No critique possible, just pure love! this makes me regret i have not found any time for this challenge.

1 Like

Much better! I love it!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Nice! I like the camera shutter eye! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cool design… for feedback the glass needs some fingerprints or smears… far too clean for the scene.

Also can’t put my finger on it but the rippled water at the top of the jar seems off to me… have a google for fishbowl and you will see that typically it’s not that rippled.

love the sand and the fish model

1 Like

If i had done this,then i would make the eye behind the “star” emissive with a touch glow to make the fish more alive,like its turn on.

I have featured you on the “Hand-picked Blender Art #22” post on BlenderNation!

2 Likes

Awesome! I’d love to give you harsh criticism, but you’d need to try harder to break the rules! If I had to be super picky, I’d maybe try making the water more aqua as it might help the fish stand out more against the red background, since they both fall into the same color family. I might also throw a little bolt or tiny metal skull down in the sand (in the foreground) on the left-third just to balance out the objects that you have on the right third…but most likely I wouldn’t change a thing because it’s pretty epic as-is.

1 Like