Cloth Simulation Bake Time and FPS

This is my first post, so please be gentle. :slight_smile:

I am testing the cloth simulation in version 2.48a. I bake the frames under the Collision tab, then render an animation at 25 FPS. In the final render, the cloth is moving in slow motion, so apparently something doesn’t jive between the bake FPS and the render FPS.

I imagine I’m just missing a basic setting, but cannot find it in the controls on my own, and cannot find anything in the documentation.

Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

How big are your simulation objects? Have you tried making it smaller? The scale of your simulation is important. If your objects are, say, 5 to 10 Blender Units, the default settings seem to simulate something like a scarf floating through the air. If you’re working on objects less than 1 BU, they’ll fall more quickly, more like a curtain, by default.

You’re right, my scale is too large.

It all makes perfect sense now. Since the gravity for all of the default cloth materials is set to Z = -9.81, it seems a blender unit size of 1 meter should be assumed. Given that assumption, I was using a 10 meter cloth! No wonder it was falling slowly.

Thanks for your quick response. That helped allot. :cool: