Cocktail No.007

Ok, so back with another cocktail, think I have a drink problem :slight_smile: !

Super simple setup, area light on left, right, one behind the glass and one just above the olives. Glass, olive and cocktail stick all new assets I created for this scene. Texture on Olives is all in Blender.

Final Render:-

Wireframe:-

Render Closeup from Viewport:-

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask away. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

You always manage to make the drink look very tasty. I tried a long time ago and failed completely so I respect this.

One small detail, I think in all of these shots there should be a little condensation where the glass touches the table and maybe a few drops on the table too.

Fantastic lighting and surfacing!

1 Like

The olives have a painterly look when viewed up close.

1 Like

I’d say there shouldn’t be any condensation where there’s no liquid.
Great job anyway @SAuchterlonie :cocktail:

2 Likes

I was gonna say the same but could be a chilled glass. But either way I think a bit too much and the olives are not quite right. But overall, it’s really pretty.

1 Like

That’s a beautiful render. Now you’ve inspired me to try something similar. The olives aren’t quite right though… they’re more even toned and not mottled and I think bigger holes where the pits are removed. And I think maybe a little too much condensation, but I thought maybe a chilled glass… either way. It’s really pretty.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks mate! I always struggle with the lighting and the small details, are they too much, not enough, are they in the right place…I’ve never overly sure, hence I keep doing them, over and over again and trying things out, technically thats a sign of madness isn’t it? :rofl:

:rofl: Well, if that’s the case, most of us in this community are completely mad.

The main thing is they are all looking very drinkable. Now I think I have a drinking problem.

1 Like

Wow, looks really good! especially the water drops. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @bartv Bart!

1 Like

Thanks for feedback

Thank you! When looking a production photography shots its a real mix up of where the water is, so I’m just trying everything at the moment.

Thanks for the comments and feedback!

In studio photography, condensation is usually added manually by spraying a mixture of water and glycerin. So if the photographer isn’t careful when doing this, you can have examples where the condensation isn’t in the right place.

1 Like

always a big thanks @bartv

1 Like

Thank you!

Super basic question (I’m coming from C4D to Blender), how are you doing your seamless floor and background? Is the background just a plane that is lit separately? And do your area lights have any textures to make the edges soft?

1 Like

Sorry for late reply! I’ve learnt most of what I know from watching photography studio videos and ‘seamless’ is just a matter of perspective…the back grounds are just pushed further away from the camera and lit separately.