Coffee Beans

Just some coffee beans on a jute sack.
Cycles 600 samples.

I like the textures here. This is a very nice and envigorating scene. :wink: Good work

After some very useful critique I did one or two minor adjustments, e.g. I increased the bean’s shininess.
I updated the pictures in the first post.

This is the kind of modeling and rendering that doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. How hard it must have been for something this simple to make the leap from being a ‘Really good render!’ to ‘No way is that done on a computer!’

Nice work sir! I actually really like the wood render :slight_smile:

If I may through in my own 2 cents. 2 things stand out to me.

1. The coffee beans on the sack, the bottom left area, I feel there would be some kind of shadow there, like an AO pass. The sack is bright all the way up to the edge of the beans. Makes the beans feel disconnected from the sack, like it were photoshopped ontop.

2. I am still new to Blender, so I don’t know how difficult it is to do, or if you have access to a machine that could render it, but adding displacement to the sack would help sell it a lot. Only really around the edges is where I notice it… where you see the texture of the sack at the edge and would expect it to be rough but is instead a flat edge of a polygon.

Just two things I would change, but at the same time I would have a hard time getting this far as I come from a 2d background. Great job though dude! Like it!