Coins don't fall when I open chest treasure

Hi, thanks to watch my question :slight_smile:
I want to make a scene that like chest treasure open up and some of coins fall from into it.

So I simulated a pile of coin with chest treasure.
But one thing I struggle is, when I simulate start with closing the chest and then open up, coin stay in chest.
I guess…amount of coins is enough to falling down.

When I start with opening chest, it goes well(of course)

It’s maybe some basic thing, but I want make sure what is cause this as soon as possible. Or If you know similar question or tutorial, please let me know. I really appreciate.

this is the .blend file
Padlock_Open.blend (4.3 MB)

thank you.

Have you set the time line to have enough frames in it? By default, its 250 frames which is only a few seconds.

HI!
Once I set 1000 frame (which is about 40 second with 24fps) to timeline and rigid body cache, but still don’t happen :sweat:

Two things:

• Rigid Body Friction is set quite high
  • Collision Margin is much larger than the thickness of the coin. From the viewpoint of the sim, it makes the coin a thicker and thus more stable against falling over.

Here is a fixed version:

Padlock_Open.blend (8.2 MB)

Note that I had to height of the chest a little, otherwise the coin would have all fallen in completely, due to the reduced need of space.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the 2 point and fixing it!!!

I eventually divide to two cut like this.

I tried myself long time but didn’t make it.
Perhaps… collision data of the cover still remain later frame.

BTW I truly want to know the real solution, otherwise I can’t make a scene like doors open and a lot of water comes in or anything like with simulation :tired_face:

Okay, I can check again. Can you provide a blend with your latest attempt, the one which looked most promising? What I see is, that the pile of coins isn’t that high. I believe in real world there also wouldn’t many fall out.