Cold Breath

Hey all,

Well, i finally figured out how to add special effects to live action avi filez in blender, this is my first attempt i did today. Whatcha think?

http://bapsis.virtue.nu/cold_breath.avi

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

hehe, cool!

1. pofo

haha thats awesome =D the breath particles are a little too noticeable though, not smooth + smokey enough, looks great though… nice acting =)

Heh, nice work! I agree with gramps though. Make the halo texture more transparent/lower alpha and you will have it.

BgDM

on this topic, i am currently doing my spidey effects, and when i put the animation ontop of the film, it is weird, because it seems really jumpy. i do alot of compoiting so idoesnt make sense that it is jumpy. Is it the fact that the raw footage is the wrong compression to put into adobe premire, is the raw footage too much information for the computer to handel live?

also, can we get some animated back buffers!?>

Bapsis: I agree with Iamgranpaboy for the halo thingy, but it’s still a very cool effect. Although it would probably have looked better if you’d have faced sideways.

Is it footage from a TV input? If so, the movie probably has fields, so you could check if Premiere detects them by default. If that’s not the problem, so TV format inverse the fields order. Maybe you could check that too.

also, can we get some animated back buffers!?>

you can do that already, but it works a little bit differently than a background image. First, you need to setup an animated texture (just make a dummy material, load the movie in the texture window (Image type texture) and you’re set), than, in the same window as the Background image, at the bottom, you’ll see a label that reads “Select texture for animated backgroundimage”. Just click the “-” next to is and select the animated texture you just created.

Martin

Hey guyz,
Thanks for the comments and critique, i agree as well about the halos and transparency, will play around with it some more. I may even try a simmilar effect from the side as theeth suggested, maybe I’ll blow fire or something. :wink:

Cheers,
Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!