colibri

This is so awsome, its BRUTAL!

Fantasic. Lo amo!

This one is painfully well made.

I never want to do something in 3D again.

Great work!

Wow, thatā€™s beautiful. I think it has to be the best CG image Iā€™ve seen in a long time. When I saw it on the banner I just had to click it. I was wondering why the banner had a photoā€¦ :slight_smile: Great work!

congrats on making the banner :smiley: it looks really nice up there

Beautiful work!

It makes you want begin modelling birds and bugs!

Absolutely beautiful. I love especially the colors of the flower and the head of the colibri.

Mesch973, Thank you for explaining your setupā€¦ I feel though as a baby seeking a rattle and you have handed me an iphone, your work flow is a very cool and complex both. Please create more for us to praise!

• David

coool! mesch973, thanks for showing.

:eek:

I know that seeing is believing, but this is quite unbelievableā€¦ :spin:

top notch! :yes:

amazing! i showed this to a friend, he thought it was a photo!

Tears on my eyes T.T

So beautiful .

stunning work, this is breath taking. This has gone straight to the top for the list of stunning Blender works I have seen, this makes me realise how much work I have to put in.

Absolutely fantasticā€¦ great work!!

'So I was loading BlenderArtists one day, and suddenly my screen exploded and a hummingbird inexplicably emergedā€¦ ā€™

This is Blender 2.5 splash screen, isnā€™t it?

Impressive: materials, modeling, lighting and composition are just superb! Congratulations, I hope you are not making BWC entry :wink: ?

In the spirit of open discussion and constructive criticismā€¦

Being of a mathematical-bent, I just did some research on some flapping-speeds;

• Hummingbirds= about 90 flaps per second

• Bumble bees= about 250 flaps per second

• Mosquitoes (thrown in here for good measure) = about 400 flaps per second

Thus, although I know this work is ā€œfinishedā€, to be truly realistic based upon those above numbers, Iā€™d adjust for that, i.e. make the beesā€™ wings more blurred than the humming birdsā€™.

Aside from that, and anotherā€™s critique above about white outlines here nā€™ there on some of the foliage, I still think its a marvelous work of art, and as I said above;

ā€œAbsolutely fantasticā€¦ great work!!ā€

I wonder how many total hours/days did it take to put all this together?

Cheers!

This is sickeningly good !!!

thanks guys for your comments! :wink:
@ Born youā€™re right and I agree with you, but I did not blur the wings of bees because I really like the material of the wings, I penalized realism to show the shader in my render! :wink:

the setting shader in blender an the model! thanks for your comment guys

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/734/wingsra.th.jpg

Congrats on getting the well deserved banner!