Collaboration for Open World Action Adventure game

btw, why not collaborate on existing projects ?

I am on year 10 or more :smiley:

This is procedurally generated and streamable :smiley:

I have already written and re-written the logic a few times,
the issue for me was generating stuff instead of hand making everything so it could be drawn efficiently.

you can’t really do this in 2x as you need 100’s of objects to create a batch, and then they are still in the scenegraph.

but he’s more about wanting to create a playable game. What about you helping him creating his game ? You have the experience and knowledge to make it. He will do the textures . Maybe he can join your project ?

The reason is because I’d like to dedicate most of my time to working on this project.
I’ve been open to the possibility and have been looking around for other projects, but nothing that I could really offer anything to or have interest in at the moment.

The main reason I’d like to work on this project, is because I’ve already been planning on having the backgrounds for the animated series be 3D environments that look hand painted, and then animate the characters with the Blender grease pencil.
And with this being the goal for the project, I figured I might as well start early on developing a game engine for it’s future games, and I think working on the games as the writing for the series develops will really help in coming up with more ideas for the story itself and it’s world

Thanks for the kind words! I’m sorry that things didn’t work out for you at first, but I think you should definitely keep at it! I was looking at Blender tutorials and other Blender stuff for about a year before actually delving in and trying to make things, and I think that’s really helped accelerate my current learning process.
So don’t give up, because past failure can lead to present wins!
And exactly, there’s plenty of stories of underdogs who barely started with anything and were able to make awesome things from it. Knowing this is what helps keep me going.

And I’m really grateful that you’re already interested in the game! I do plan on releasing some dev logs once we get some more made, where people will be able to take a look at the game and how it’s coming together, so be on the look out for that, and hopefully I’ll remember to post the first one here in the comments as well! (Or you can subscribe to my Youtube channel, which is just my name: Kyle Siegelin. I will definitely be uploading the dev logs on there, and I already have one of the composed songs for the game posted on there as well)

this guy posts free music weekly. its no audiomachine but might be enough for placeholder. its possible your game might even be compatible with a more chip-tuney music.

(full disclosure, i havent sampled in a long time, maybe he improved.)

Thanks… I’m still plugging away… slow but it will get there.

Yes, I will check out your channel… Looking forward to seeing the game. :smiley:

1 Like