Collada broken?

Hello,

It seems that in the official 2.62 build that Collada is broken. When I try loading a DAE file, Blender immediately disappears (I’m running Windows 7). I found a thread related to this that said newer builds fix the problem, but so far I haven’t been able to find one that works.

Additionally, newer builds have OBJ import broken, so if someone can point me to a build where both Collada and OBJ work, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Paul

additionally, newer builds have OBJ import broken,

If you have a bmesh build (<44256) don’t expect the addons to work correctly.
The oficial 2.62 obj exporter works perfectly for me.

That’s my point. In the RELEASE BUILD from the Blender.org website, if you download it and try to import a DAE file, it simply disappears (Blender disappears - there’s no crash, no errors, it just disappears immediately).

I searched for this problem and the only answer I could find was, that yes it is broken and the fix was to download a more recent build. So I downloaded the most recent build I could find from http://builder.blender.org/download/ and it has the same problem.

So my question is - does a 2.62 build for Windows x64 exist that actually can import Collada files? If so, where can I find it. Because the official release build is broken.

Thanks,

Paul