Collapse – Overgrown post-apocalypse

The main goal was to showcase what I could do with Botaniq’s new update. So an overgrown, post-apocalyptic render would be my go-to. Inspired by videogames such as Horizon: Zero Dawn and The Last of Us.

Rendered Final

Details

Viewport details and different layers.

Material preview.

Programs used: Blender, Photoshop.
Addons used: Botaniq, Photographer, Physical Starlight, and Atmosphere.

More projects here:
Instagram
Twitter

49 Likes

Damn that looks really incredible. Would love to play a fantasy/sci-fi game with this setting:) Reminds me of a movie with purple or blue trees can’t really remember. I thought it’s Journey to the Center of the Earth but checked it and don’t think that’s the one…

Anyways nice to see hopw it comes together on the last image:)

3 Likes

I love the color scheme it feels very vibrant and fantastical but at the same time still grounded in reality. Good job :slight_smile: :grinning:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic Work! I just bought the addon as well. Cant wait to give it a go. Your work is very motivating! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

The mist gives it this very dreamy ad game like mood. Great scene!

1 Like

Thumbnail

Thumb

1 Like

nice!
Have you triedGrasswald? Never used Botaniq, so kind of curious how these two compare to each other.

Beautiful work. :ribbon: :slight_smile:

For some reason, the colors and scenery remind me a bit of the game “Hyper Light Drifter”.

1 Like

Thank you! I used grasswald, but I don’t recall if I stopped using it because I never got it to work right, or it was too resource consuming. Either way both are thing Botaniq can do greatly :slight_smile:

That game looks like pure inspiration for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this rendered in Cycles? Can you say more about your materials? Did you use Photoshop for post-processing?

1 Like

Really digging the “stylized video game” feel. The cliffs & rocks give me some really nice Breath Of The Wild vibes.

Love the trees also. Wondering if there’d be any good way to preserve their current visual fidelity in a game engine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really good. Can you elaborate a bit more about the updates you talked about? Thanks.

1 Like

This is great! Nice atmosphere, the scene feels like it has depth.

1 Like

Makes me want to drop everything and go play Horizon: Zero Dawn. You’ve got your own distinct look going here, but you definitely the mark.

1 Like