Collection Instance Boole error

I made the 3 pipes on the right, each one in a collection, and then instanced the collections to create the 3 pipes on the left. It renders fine but, for some reason, in the viewport, I see the boole objects that cut out the holes in the original 3 pipe collections:

I don’t understand why I’m seeing these boole objects, which are hidden in the original pipe collections, show up in the collection instances.

Here’s the project file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RIbvpCcooVT29f86_aVR5CV-iMh344UJ/view?usp=share_link

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! thx

George

There is a little difference between:

• hide ( eye-icon )
  • disable (screen-icon)

…in viewport… in this case hiding just hides the original object but not the instances and disable completly disables (and so also not showing ) for every instance…

See also visibility ( eye -icon) and global viewport visibility (screen- icon) in docs.blender manual outlinerrestriction-columns.

2 Likes

Side note: you need one more pipe, organ registers are in sets of octaves (and your heights aren’t quite right for an octave), I’d suggest some reference. The organ in Westminster Abbey and the Temple Square organ in Salt Lake City are both very famous and widely photographed

That’s it! Oh man, thank you Okidoki. Really appreciate it

I’m actually matching this reference:

but thx for looking out!

1 Like