Collision Box?

Hello

Please explain me what is the box in the image. Id guess it represents the collision detection limits of the car object but anyway my problem is that when the box hits a edge on the ground, the vehicle (and the box) bounce. The vehicle is not supposed to collide the edges at all. The ground is a subdivided plane and a static object. The car object and its logics are copied from http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Game_Engine/Vehicle/Vehicle_2.html.

(Forgot to fix the state transition in the logics, but i guess the suspension is not the problem.)

Attachments

Please explain me what is the box in the image. Id guess it represents the collision detection limits of the car object

Correct. That is the bounding box.

The bounding box should not hit the ground, otherwise the car mesh will collide with the ground edges. You can move the bounding box if you move the median point (Tab = edit mode; N = transform properties) of the car mesh. Then correct the tire position.
You can also try to set the margin (“Advanced” button) of the ground and the car mesh to the lowest value.

If the suspension not stiff enough the bounding box can hit the ground while speed up or braking.

I think it’s best not to move the bounding box in Edit-mode, but to simply move it in Object mode.

@ SolarLune. This is the bounding box of the convex hull shape of the car mesh. The vehicle wrapper don’t use separate collision mesh (like a player charakter). So moving the car mesh in object mode won’t work.

But it is possible to use an invisible collision mesh (vehicle wrapper) and parent the car mesh (no collision) to it.
http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Game_Engine/CollisionBox/CollisionBox_Vehicle_1.html

Oh, I see. Sorry about that - usually it’s a good idea to use Object mode, but you’re right about using Edit-mode when using the Vehicle Wrapper.

Thanks, i moved the center of the car object upwards just a little in object mode with the 3d cursor and centercursor. Worked fine.