colour problem when rendering

Sorry if i’ve posted this in the wrong place i’m new.
I’m trying to make a 2D animation on blender because i’m new to it and thought it would be my easiest option.
i’ve created a ‘character’ and only want it to move its arms so I created that separately. when i put the 2d arm infront of the 2d body and render it the body goes darker? Can I fix this?

Is the arm an object or a texture on a plane ?
If a texture, what renderer are you using
If you are using blender render and a texture have you enabled receive transparent shadows for the other obejcts
What are your material settings
What are you using for lighting
What are your render settings

So many questions because you haven’t supplied a link to your .blend file (which you should ALWAYS do for support questions) so we cannot see any of the useful information that you can

[ATTACH]382582[/ATTACH][QUOTE=Richard Marklew;2882028]Is the arm an object or a texture on a plane ?
If a texture, what renderer are you using
If you are using blender render and a texture have you enabled receive transparent shadows for the other obejcts
What are your material settings
What are you using for lighting
What are your render settings

So many questions because you haven’t supplied a link to your .blend file (which you should ALWAYS do for support questions) so we cannot see any of the useful information that you can[/QUO

I’m very sorry
im using environment lighting
it’s a texture on a plane
I’m not sure about the render settings or material settings
I imported the parts again with receive transparent shadows but it didn’t work
the file:
test.blend (526 KB)

i’m very sorry
i tried importing the parts with receive transparent shadows but it didn’t work
i’m not sure about render settings or material settings
i used environment lighting
the file:

test.blend (526 KB)

As you didn’t pack your textures, all we can see are two pink rectangles.
To pack your textures before resending: File>External Data>Pack into .blend

If you don’t need shadows, shadeless material option could work. A hemi lamp could also give similar overall light. Don’t need environment light with either.

If you do need shadows, could maybe try a sun lamp. If you turn off specularity on the object data (lamp) properties, it won’t highlight everything and gives a good saturated color