Colours darken on after saving and reopening

I’m fairly new to texturing so this may be me just being dumb.

So I want to change colours of an existing texture on a model using the texture painter. This is all well and fine., no issues with that. However, if I then close blender and save the modified image, when I reopen it the all colours in the image darken for some reason.

This is before.

This is after.

I’m only painting on the base colour image. I haven’t touched the OcclusionRoughnessMetallic.png or the normal.png.

There aren’t any nodes at play so I have no clue.

Any ideas?

It is difficult to know the problem only with the image you attached.

For simple color adjustments, try the Hue/Saturation/Value node.

Add…

Presumably the cause seems to have adjusted ColorSpace. The default is sRGB.

Changing the colour space to ‘Non-colour’ fixes the changing between each time I open the file but it does make it much brighter than it was originally when it was on ‘sRGB’.

I’m trying to modify specific parts of the image which is much bigger than that small bit. I probably should have shown the whole thing to begin with. Sorry about that.

Here it is.

Don’t know if this helps but could it be any of these settings?

I don’t use the default color as Non-colour, but if there’s a change in the existing problem, some of the nodes seem to be causing the problem.

It would be helpful to show the node configuration.

To quickly identify the cause of the problem, it is recommended to attach a blender file. :slightly_smiling_face:

The problem only happens if I actually paint the image, save and reopen it after. There are multiple base colour images. Hair, main body, etc. It’s only the modified image that changes.

File.

Unpack the used image and use it.
If you edit and save an image while packed, problems arise.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if it’s caused by a misused usage. (Same issue with different versions)

1 Like

That works. Thank you so much. I presume I should pack the textures after I’m finished?

1 Like