Didn’t make this in Blender3D

Used SolidWorks 2011
And it have been rendered in KeyShot 2

Just thought of sharing :slight_smile:

Apologize if Finished Projects can be only from Blender

Attachments

The handle is square, can you bevel it?

Not to be a hater, or anything in that direction,
but why post something which was not modelled in Blender, nor rendered, into blenderartists forum?
Sure, it does look pretty good, but still.

I hope nobody missunderstands this or takes it offensive :confused:

Projects not using Blender are to be posted in the Traditional forum… technically nonsensical, I know, but there’s no better place.

Should there be a section for that? there are quite a few artists on here who do work in more than one program.

Not to be a hater, or anything in that direction,
but why post something which was not modelled in Blender, nor rendered, into blenderartists forum?
Sure, it does look pretty good, but still.

Seems a bit elitist to me… I understand this is a Blender forum also but it’s narrow-minded to think anything that isn’t created in Blender shouldn’t exist on this site. I use Maya at Uni and find it helpful for Blender and any program because it allows you to see past the ‘tools’ which shouldn’t affect what an image is worth. Is a cube made in Maya really any different than a cube made in Blender, or ZBrush or Sculpturis or SolidWorks?

As a matter of fact i kinda think it is unfair using maya mainly because of the n-gons it lets you use. Blender is a little harder to use because it is a lot harder to fix topology and edge loops when box modeling than in maya. Thats y i cant always completely follow ryan kittleson’s tutorials and sometimes have to go through hell trying to delete a simple 6 pole or triangle when he can do it with no sweat just by placing dots where he wants them to go.
Say for example the curve in the back where the spine is. You can either put a 6 pole there or triangle but you cant make it into a quad without completely destroying the topology where as in maya you can just move some points around.