column

Once upon a long time ago I found a tutorial on modeling a column with the spiral, base and such in Blender. Do you know where it is?

Or, can you help me make one? I need it to look a little better than just a vertical cylinder and two horizontal ones on both the top and bottom.

Thanks!

~Jace

Is this the one you’re looking for?

There was something way back on modelling the scroll work at the top of roman pillars…now where was that…

I can’t quite get the link Captian Jack. And yes, denshidan, that’s the one I was looking for. Any ideas?

~Jace

The link is to a PDF file, so you may need Acrobat Reader to use the link.

Here’s another link (also a PDF file) which contains a lot of various reference information about ancient structures and 3D modeling thereof. I don’t believe it’s the one you’re looking for, but it might be useful.

I can recall seeing a tutorial somewhere about modeling columns and scroll work a while back while looking for greek and roman textures for someone… I’ll search my history cache and see if there’s anything in there, and if I find something, I’ll be sure to post it.

Thanks Capitan Jack. The column you gave me and the lighting style one will help… but I still can’t find that other one…

~Jace