Combat Droid

Here is a project I have worked on a month ago for about a week. I wanted to do something more with it, but I settled for this instead. I drew inspiration from the combat droids in Oblivion the movie. The first image is where the droids are manufactured and the second image is a studio render of the droid itself to better illustrate the droid alone. Both images were rendered with Cycles and had some glow added in the compositor. Hope you Enjoy!

that’s pretty cool. a 3/4 view of the droid by itself would be interesting to see.

wow! i have never seen oblivion, but that is one cool 3d model. but the front glass of the droid looks like it has water on it, and in the manufacturing scene the stairs seem a bit too white. very cool though, love the perspective on the guns :slight_smile:

Awesome work! One of the best hard surfaces works I have ever seen.

nice work 5 star on this one

I like the door in the background, it stands out being red and all.

@wolfred: Glad you like it! I was able to render a 3/4 view of the droid itself posted below.

@f3l1x: The glass looks like it has water on it because I was experimenting with how to make the glass look more interesting. It looked kind of boring without the watery effect, and I liked how it looked so I kept it.

@estuardorosales: Thanks!

@josephfarrar: Thanks also!

@Robert Banks: When I was making the scene, most of it was white initially, so I wanted to add color with the red steel door and the signs to contrast the grey-scaled scene.

@Rich33584: I agree. The drones in Oblivion were pretty awesome. I looked at your forum post and the drone looked spot-on from what I could tell. Glad you liked the images too!

Very nice, but all I can really add is that is a lot of inspiration.