[Completed] - Chameleon 2.57 (Make a Splash in Amsterdam)

Ohh I love it so much! this crazy pattern slaps!

1 Like

Another one - not so good, the stem and leaves have moved during the capture, but the main flower is OK. It will do nicely at a distance

2 Likes

One more to go

2 Likes

Last one for tonight, they’re in the bank!

3 Likes

This is coming along awesome! Thanks for sharing your photoscan setup, that’s really cool

1 Like

this looks amazing, good luck on the challenge!

2 Likes

Thanks man! I feared I digressed a bit, but that’s definitely a fun and different part of the process

Thanks a lot means a lot to me man. I hope to be able to get some inspiration from you without copying anything. I really love how you convey a fantastic feeling in a super elegant manner, hope to find my take on similar themes :wink:

1 Like

Eye concept

2 Likes

FYI, default low poly polycam output at 20k triangles, could be reduced to 1/10 of that (requires rebaking of textures and not appropriate for close shots though).

We shall see in the end :sweat:

Can you spot the differences with the previous version?

I am keeping away from displacement in a bid to keep things as low poly as possible. I think it looses a bit of the wow factor, but not dramatic.

1 Like

Got myself a branch, cutting no corners here

You can see on the video that the lighting is uneven, as I captured this in natural light.
I apply a color correction to compensate for the direction of the sun (useful little node setup for anyone doing outdoor photogrammetry). On the left, the branch before the lighting correction, on the right after. The other side (the one receiving direct lighting) is unaffected.

4 Likes

How trippy do you want it? Yes!

1 Like

Hey, are you DeGa on Sketchfab? If not, would you please post a link to your Sketchfab account? If you haven’t already, I mean, in which case sorry I missed it. I wanna follow you there.

Hey, no that’s not my account (or one I forgot).
There is nothing there yet though, but feel free having a look: Denis Gauder (@denis.gauder) - Sketchfab

2 Likes

It has at least one eye. I’ll rework it, but I’ll let the design sink a little.
I have also reworked the tail quite a bit, not yet very nicely integrated though…

5 Likes

Vegetation concepts

3 Likes

Making flashy mushrooms with cloth simulation

3 Likes

Fantastic idea and so satisfying to watch!

1 Like

Another nonsense thing