Compositing vs VSE Color Spaces, and how to change them

Recently, I have been learning how to manually colorize black and white photos and videos in Blender. Believe it or not, this is something which is actually possible within the software. First, I isolate each object using either Grease Pencil or the Masking tools to create Mattes, before coloring them in the compositor and adding them together before using the Separate and Combine Color nodes to make the colors blend in better with each other. That being said, when experimenting with the Compositor and VSE, I couldn’t help but notice certain tools like Curves and Color Balance work differently in each space. The Curves tool in the Compositor for example produces more flat results, compared to the VSE which has a more dynamic range by comparison. That being said, upon doing some research, I’ve learned that different color spaces are apparently used for each workspace. The compositor uses a Linear color space, while VSE uses a “Display” color space from what I understand. That being said, is there any way to change the color spaces you’re working with in either of the work spaces? I think it would definitely help me with the kind of project I hope to finish.

Below are some of the colorized photos I’ve done in Blender, as demonstration

With both the Compositor and VSE