Compositor like Nuke?

Thanks for your opinion zeauro,

However, I personally disagree. Those are the new color nodes which
my plan is against. They are TOO disruptive to the eye being that large. I don’t
think it makes the node body easier to read either - harder. And I feel it looks
unprofessional }

Though, I see you agree with the color collapsed nodes - thanks!

{ Although there could be an OPTION to color the NODE BODY instead of the head for AN OPEN NODE, sure! }

+1
Maybe a icon in node editor could switch display between type color, custom color and actual display of both.

If this is done, it should be a “settings” page, where I can choose what colors to use and whether or not to use them. Be-cause, being a male of the species and of a certain family, I have weak color-vision in red and green. I am already unable to decipher the meaning that is supposed to be conveyed by the many dozens of shades of colors on, say, a weather map.

I might actually prefer to have the ability to use colors to denote meaningful-to-me groups of nodes, sorted by me according to “purpose” as it relates to my project.

Well whats needed is a developer, or coder for an addon.

If your talking more options like custom text color, that gets more complicated.

It all can be done, but by whom?

Again, the more options needed, the more complicated getting this done. But, I
agree options should be included where possible.

i just picked 3 random colours for an example. the colours are changed by the colour wheel, you can make them as complimentary as you like.
i doubt that there ever will be a standard as almost everyone i know rearranges their colour scheme to their own tastes.

and no changing the node headers doesnt affect your GUI, just the node headers
this is one of the cool things about blender everything can be coloured individually to suit your tastes

wow sounding better and better. Id really prefer a script where you could run it
though.

I gather your recommending save the set up as layout Crl + U correct?

I do that, but I’m constantly having to redo my setup cause, I add a new
renderer, — or anything — it seems to force one to resetting with factory default. This is aggravating and wastes a lot of time.

would love to see a set up with Nuke or Fusion colors.

thanks

i generally just hit the save user preferences button on the bottom of the preferences window, but i presume ctrl U is the shortcut for that so yes. though i always work from a default screen when setting up preferences as i have more than once saved my default mid blend, which is Really annoying! lol

still the node prefrences do need a little bit of love as currently only the few node sets shown in my previous post are customisable. knowing nothing about programming i wouldnt know how simple it would be to add the rest of the nodes to the preferences, but as the basics are already there it shouldn’t be too hard, i guess.

I’m no programming guru - but it sounds really simple. I’ve coded html pages,
and you basically just copy and paste the code as many times as you need!

so - you say 3 are working, just multiply it 30 times to get 90 nodes possible
working. Copy+ paste! Of course you can get fancier, but it sounds very simple.

Who can do it in Blender tonight?