Confinement

Personal work. Made with Blender and cycles.
Modeled and textured everything in Blender.
36 hours of work.
Let me tell you that the idea was to have a scene with low key lighting.

61 Likes

That’s a cool scene, lots going on and details, really like the second (image) camera angle.

1 Like

Thanks!
second and third are my favorite ones!

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

Impressive work! lighting,texturing,decals,modelling.
Details are amazing!well done.

1 Like

The hole in the blanket!! Such a perfect detail.

Stunning work and well deserved top row pick. Well done.

1 Like

Great job, very inspiring.

1 Like

Wow. That is some crazy good work. Very creative…and so much detail.

I’m not one to usually give advice (but in this case, it’s just subjective feedback) but I think the wall you have is throwing me off. I think it might look better with simple cement block wall. Think it would go with that interior. Just my two cents (which isn’t really worth that much!!, so please don’t take it too personally). I really like what you’ve accomplished here. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very nice, love lightning. One little thingy… this dude have too many food in his shelter compared to beer. In such time people must have priorities :yum:

3 Likes

You modelled and textured all of that in just 36 hours?

Hard to believe.

2 Likes

While I understand that “low-key lighting” is the goal, I think that the scene is still a bit under-exposed.

Use the “histogram” tool to pull a profile on the scene and watch for spikes on the left-hand (black …) side. Check each color as well as composite. I think you have areas that are too under-exposed to be distinct. “Low vs. High key” is very much relative.

1 Like

WOW! Really great work. I love all the details…and the atmosphere…and the low key lighting.

As a user before me I’m also stunned, that you managed to model & texture all this in 36 hours. Wish I was this fast. :grin:

1 Like

Clean, beautiful, great concept, materials and lighting! love the counting days on the stairs. Amazing use of boxes and cylinders as props to fill the scene, more complex objects as the tv, oil bottles and laundry baskets look great! nice job!

1 Like

Very nice.
My machine to slow for such scenes.

Like days counting!

1 Like

I guess, somebody knows about being locked down there. :smile:

1 Like

This is crazy good, @JoniMercado. I’d love to see some more behind the scenes screenshots if you have any.

1 Like

Image number 4 with the cans under the stairs looks perfect, great job!

1 Like

Premium touch on:

• that counting the days on the stairs! :slight_smile:
  • the cloth fine details, the tears and the particles to simulate the threads
  • the white wood beams look awesome! The nail really nails it! :smiley:
  • the light bulb dust particle effect
  • Overhaul shading

I’ve been following the development on Twitter, so it’s really cool to see you here on the Gallery!
Great work!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Incredible. You must be very efficient. You don’t want to know how many hrs it would take me to produce this scene.

1 Like