Confusion about color difference between eevee and cycles

Hi.
Lately I’ve been experimenting a bit with the Animation Nodes add-on and it seemed like a fun project to see if I could re-create some abstract art I’ve previously created with geogebra in blender, because blender seems to offer more flexibility to explore visual mathematical patterns.

This is the geogebra demonstration I’m trying to re-create in blender:

With this demonstration, you can adjust/animate the slider to generate a color pattern (for the ‘m’ variable) and it yields this pattern:

I’ve struggled to recreate it in Blender using Animation Nodes and I probably only managed to create a version that is far from optimal, because I’m still struggling to get a basic idea of the possibilities of the huge inventory of nodes. But eventually I did manage to get it working more or less, but I ran into a confusing issue when comparing the results I obtained in eevee and cycles.
I use the emission value in the shader nodes to assign colors to the elements, and with cycles I can get a pretty close approximation of the pattern generated with geogebra (by adjusting the gamma value in the color management settings).
With eevee however, some of the colors are way off and this kind of mystifies me (since the only difference seems to be switching between eevee and cycles without changing other settings).

Here are two screenshots that show the difference between eevee and cycles (both in comparison to the color pattern generated with geogebra on the right side):

Cycles:

Eevee:

Can anyone explain what causes this peculiar difference where only some of the colors are way off in eevee?

Here is the blend file in case anyone wants to explore it:
http://www.filedropper.com/mod-grid2

Created in Blender v2.80.75 with the Animation Nodes add-on version 2.1.4.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek