Constellating Inctober

Thumbnail image: Chains

:heart: Welcome to my In[c]tober page! The aim is to dedicate 10-30mins/day to this challenge, and use it as an opportunity to grow my 2D Drawing Skills as well as understanding of Composition and Value.

*purposefully misspelling the name of something that is so communal and shared, and should have never been trademarked.

7 Likes

while i understand your feeling on trademarking this particular term … there is one benefit: it keeps someone far more nefarious from doing the same. :slight_smile: imagine if, say, musk got ahold of it. lol

4 Likes

Day 1

Here’s my take on “Spiders”!

I googled “Spiders Russia” (cuz that will certainly give me something wacky!) and found a video on a Russian parkour amateur. First one was done on paper.

Then, I searched “Spider” on ArtStation and studied from an artwork (10min):

The original artwork:

:sparkles: that’s all for today, look forward to tomorrow’s prompt! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate you sharing your perspective!

Imo, there are plenty of other communal artistic things remain in the public domain (Swordtember, Plein Air April…), and it’s this one in particular that got caught by capitalist structures…

Sure, things can always get worse, aaand there has gotta be a universe somewhere… where Inktober remained a word to be used in books free of charge.

2 Likes

Path

Three 3 minute studies from Artstation (keyword: “path”).

by Matteo Bassini

by Vladimir Motsar

by Andreas Rocha

Then, a 6 min. life reference (from a YouTube video from “path” search):

And, another 10 min. Study from searching “path” on stock images:

:sparkles: excited to see what tomorrow brings :sparkles:

6 Likes

:sparkles: Let’s Catch Up :sparkles:

Dodge

Grease Pencil + DaVinci Resolve for Color/Glow

Time spent: 2.5hrs (goal is to spend no more than 30 mins!)

6 Likes

:world_map:

6 Likes

Golden :ukraine:

6 Likes

:droplet:

6 Likes

:frog: [it’s a toad, I swear]

7 Likes

:soccer:

the animation below was * scheduled * to have a whole nother 15 seconds that would feature something bouncing, but deadlines matter. Time to move on, glad to have explored more techniques today!

5 Likes

Fortune

Trying new things. I genuinely do not want to draw- 3D feels good, but I love the feel of 2D. I want to learn to bridge the two in my own way.

4 Likes

:thought_balloon: wonder

A mix of grease pencil and 3D (hand model by alajanbek)

6 Likes

:hot_pepper:

So much experimentation… after many tech issues, I resorted to a grease pencil layering a 3D object.

2 Likes

:sunrise:

More technique experimentation; finally figured out how to work with texturing normals w/ noise!

4 Likes

:european_castle:
or rather, the remains

Combination of simplified texturing, grease pencil outline, and re-texturing of the final render.

4 Likes

:dagger:

Continuing to explore the style of John Harris. Such a joyful process. Not much ink, tho.

6 Likes

:angel:

Faster with the workflow this time- managed to fit in an animation!

4 Likes

:imp:

I hate Malls, and their endless parking lots. Same technique as above!

6 Likes

:horse:

Struggled here, but in large part due to the nightshift-filled weekend. Can’t wait to be back into full energy and attitude.

6 Likes