Cornell-box with indigo

Basicly a test of indigo0.6 test6. Very fast compared to older versions.
I let this render for about 1 and a half hours on my:

dual 2.8ghz cpu
2gb ram
XP media

Took a while to tweak the white balance and tonemapping parameters to match the original cornell image. http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/online/box/box.jpg

I admit there is still some visible noise, but other than that, I think it turned out quite well.

Attachments

It looks like your test turned out pretty well. Great job of matching the scene to the original picture, and I do not think that the noise is really noticable at all. Just recently I began testing some things out with a Cornell box as well, but I have been using Yafray. At this thread another person was doing similar test, and it came up that someone should compare similar scenes rendered with Yafray versus those rendered with Indigo for the same amount of time. If you want to get involved, I am sure that there are many people who would love to see your input, including myself.

Here’s a cleaner render of your cornell box scene. I’ll post a 10min or yafray-indigo comparision image in the other thread once I get it done :slight_smile:

I let this one go for 1hour 20mins.

Attachments

Love your work, simple yet conceptually stunning to look at. (your gallery I mean)

Perhaps it’s a little early to ask, but if you had to choose, indigo or sunflow?

Yeah, nice gallery! Looks like you have some experience using Blender. That is a good render of the Cornell box with Yafray too. I appreciate your time.

Thanks.

At the moment, I’d choose indigo. Sunflow is great too, but im not to sure I like its caustics and glass.

Thank you, and your welcome :slight_smile: