Corona Renderer

Hi. I’ve already asked to Corona support team and one guy from their team said me that he can’t send me standalone just can buy full version and unpack standalone from that.

Hm, about Glenn’s works I can’t say nothing because he has been visited to his profile a long time ago so far. But I’m really happy to helps us for remaking an exporter for Corona 6.0+ too. By the way, latest Blender-Corona exporter is works fine with Blender 2.93 and Corona 4.1 for rendering also.

1 Like

But would you like to start developing Corona 6.0+ into Blender? If yes than we can think about supporting you on Patronite or something similar.

1 Like

7 Likes

Hi there, after fixed HDR maps exporting bug now we can export HDRIs succesfuly.

P.s.: 3d scene from YafaRay old demo scenes.
There is haven’t any light sources just one an HDRI )))))))

5 Likes

Есть ли новости от разрабов самой короны по поводу экспортера блендер?

Any chance to try it?

So sorry, but not any

Not now, but in near future.

The last time I asked them about 2 weeks ago one of their officials said they aren’t working on any Blender integrations and aren’t planning to.

I think it’s their answer for the last couple years.

I personally don’t need Corona but it would be nice to have it properly integrated as well as V-Ray. But Chaos isn’t really working on it either. They said they might dedicate some resources to investigate the integration of V-Ray into Blender by the end of the year.

It’s better focus on existing renders available in Blender. Many compare LuxCore to Corona quality wise. I’d advice to look into this render.

There are also Cycles and Octane of course. Two most production ready engines available right now in Blender. There’s also RenderMan now but I can’t say much about it. Had very limited expirience so far with it. But should be good too.

3 Likes

Also interior test too (3d scene from cgtips.org):

4 Likes

6 Likes

looks great

2 Likes

Currently, I’ve tried Luxcore almost 20 times, and never get close to what Corona gave out of the box. And every time when I am using Luxcore, I have a filing that my PC isn’t so nice. I get better results using old i-7 6800k in Corona, than using Threadriper 3960X + RTX 2080 ti + RTX 3090in Luxcore, so I am not a big fan of this render engine.

3 Likes

Please, don’t angrying man. He just said himself opinion from himself side and it is normal situation. In every render engine except Corona has poor denoiser quality and “something” which cannot reproduce and it is normal too.

By the way, I will back to again to main topic and said to all that now we can enable Bump mapping inside Material panel not by Shader editor (something I cannot solve now).

Another thing is what do you think are node-based shading is important than just create materials via on Material panel?

1 Like

node based shading is very important in my opinion.

Yes, it is very important. There is one another render engine which is great, indigo render, but it is not node based, and it isn’t so popular in Blender. Node base is a must IMO

ok. Will try as much as I can.

3 Likes

Hi. I’m so tired to find exact code on how to merge Material on Material properties panel into Node value and it really hard understand what is for what. So if some of you have an expirences, you are welcome!

By the way, what’s change in the exporter?
- fixed an issue with HDRI file handler;
- fixed an issue with Camera panel;
- fixed Image texture node;

Not supported feature:
- need to apply this modifiers before export: Mirror, Array;
- Bump/Normal maps via Nodes (supported by Material panel);
- Mesh smoothing on some objects for unknown reasons.

In case you don’t know its often recommended to use CPU only for the viewport using Luxcore to keep things snappy. Also, it has a different way of thinking about materials so until you learn these quirks it can give strange results. I do believe is in the top 20% most beautiful renderers with Corona when used correctly.

Just another test on how we can see the quality of the interior renders ))

Original:

Lightmix

Stats:
BCorona3_interior_test2_settings

6 Likes