Correct way to add overlay collection from other scene

Hello

I have a question about adding an overlay collection.
Now, I have 1 game scene and 1 game menu.

I wonder that there are more convenient way to add overlay collection into game scene than linking collection from other scene into selected scene.

Because now I do that way and I thought that it would be burdensome if I have 100 scene in future. must I really do this way?

if somebody have easier way please tell me.

by the way, my overlay menu didn’t trigger any mouse sensor. What did I miss?

Below is a screenshot show what I have done.

First, I linked collection to the selected scene.

Then add overlay collection actuator.

I already checked Game Overlay Mouse Control on menu cam but nothing change.

When menu is main scene, a mouse over sensor was triggered as I expect. (Text color Change)

But when menu overlay the game, mouse over sensor didn’t work.

I research this issue for awhile and found this discussion
How to make a Menu Pause in upbge 0.3? - Game Engine / Game Engine Support and Discussion - Blender Artists Community

Mister aWeirdOwl said that the issue was solved. wasn’t it?
so, I try installing a latest version of UPBGE 0.3 but nothing change too.

Could you send me the blend to can test it? Thanks in advance

1 Like

Thank you for replying me.

My file is larger than 5MB,
I need to give you a google drive link instead.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AFt_wYQam4lNza9cgi_bBfM8RaIOtU9m?usp=share_link

Hello, I reduced blend file size. You can use this instead.

medievest_prototype_7.blend (2.1 MB)

As I discovered in UPBGE 0.3+, setting up a linked overlay HUD is extremely painful now. It was once a very easy process, put another scene on top, worked flawlessly. Come 0.3+, they tore out this perfect system, and now, object physics get broken when we add a linked overlay collection from another file, weird behaviour with the collection duplicating itself occurs, setting up menus is next to impossible now and this weirdness never existed back 0.2.5 and prior. Why tear out a perfectly good, tested system? This makes me frustrated, and is more game-breaking than fixing.

1 Like

UPDATE: I followed this video here, and tinkered around with my own HUD, and discovered that when you link the overlay HUD, you must uncheck Instance Collections, or else your collection will have a duplicate in the level that uses up performance and is undesirable in the case of HUDs and UIs.

Problem with HUDs, are that detailed HUDs/GUIs will eat up performance. Can anyone show me how to avoid this when linking a HUD and unchecking Instance Collections?