Count Dooku´s lightsaber

Hi everybody! I made this lightsaber based on Count Dooku´s lightsaber. Shapes are loyal to the prop shown in the precuels but I decided to move away from the clean chrome look. I like what I have so far, I need to work more on the layers of grime and dust but I was wondering if I could borrow your eyes for feedback!

Thank you for your time!

5 Likes

Only suggestion I have is to maybe change the way you make the metal look aged. It almost looks like the polish is flaking off. Like it was spray-on polish. Quality metal would be polished differently and hence would age differently. I would suggest to simply give it many fine scratches and if you want it very aged, maybe some deeper marks or even some cavities from corrosion. It looks very good nonetheless. I had to study it very closely to find anything to critique. This looks very good. I cant say I could do better. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! I will take a look and work on the wear and tear further. I really like the peeling effect but it might not be realistic. Maybe I could tone it down so it is still there but not as drastically visible.

2 Likes

Ooooh excellent work on the hard surface modeling!

1 Like