COVID-19: All Approved Vaccines Help and Save Lives

Again only considering tactical aspects, I agree with your statement about 60 and 95 but that is not putting what I wrote another way. ‘Lesser now, better later’ is about re-vaccination when better becomes available.

The important questions are: do the vaccines have BlueTooth and what block chain are they on?

1 Like

You’re speaking as if the mechanics of the virus are still unknown, and it’s a total mystery to scientists around the world why so many people are dying. It’s not. We know what it does, and how it kills people.

This whole notion that doctors don’t know what’s going on, and are writing everything off as covid related can be sourced from that one memo by the CDC stating that in situations where a full autopsy and can’t be performed, doctors could write off a death as covid related if the evidence supported it. That lead to all these people on the internet saying that it’s all just a hoax, and that hospitals are overblowing their stats for the sake of publicity and funding.

Think of it like this: for it to be written off as a covid death, it has to look like a covid death. That means that the most common misdiagnosis would be either flu or pneumonia. Now how many flu and pneumonia deaths do we see in a year? Usually between 30,000-60,000, give or take. Certainly not the 500,000 we’ve racked up here in the states over the last year.

…so while it’s highly likely that there have been some misdiagnoses, it’s very unlikely to be the vast majority.

If covid has proven one thing, it’s that despite all our newfound medical knowledge and fancy modern infrastructures, we’re still just as unprepared to handle a pandemic as we were in the past.

1 Like

If it actually were ‘a vaccine,’ Splododyne, I might agree with you. But these are uncharted waters that have never before been sailed by any humans, let alone hundreds of millions of them at once. We are deceiving the masses by calling it “a ‘vaccine’” when in fact it is not. We reassure people that “it is safe,” when in fact we do not know yet. We could not possibly know, yet, whether it is in fact “safe” or “effective,” and without consequences.

We have never been able to ‘vaccinate against’ the constantly-mutating rhino and corona virus families, although many people would like to do so, because this would eliminate “the common cold.” I seriously doubt that we have actually done so now. What we can do is to easily and inexpensively treat the infections, if caught early.

Why did we pressure people to accept a “treatment” that is medically unknown, instead of prompting people to “go to the doctor early, be tested in this way, and be treated in this way?” You can knock out the common cold with groceries if you understand the chemistry.

Like I said – the world has not received what it is entitled to expect from its public health infrastructure.

1 Like

Yup. That’s why I said “to put it another way…” :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I hear it’s 5G based. The vaccines are basically ground up iPhones when you get right down to it.

It is a vaccine in the sense that it’s a medication that primes the immune system against an infection. It’s just not a traditional vaccine that uses an inert form of the virus as a primer.

You didn’t read “considering only tactical aspects”?

I too have thoughts abut the many issues related to this. “Considering only tactical aspects” and “putting [blah blah] aside” (earlier post) obviously means just focusing on a specific condition or “what if”. That analysis is not about “is it a vaccine” etc. but about “what if it is and effectiveness x through y is available”.

Let me fix that for you:
It is a vaccine in the sense that it’s a medication that primes the immune system against an infection, or so we think. It also may or may not do other things that we don’t know about, which is why the pharma companies only agree to sell them if absolved of all responsibility.

Yeah, I think I’d rather take my chances with the virus, at least until the treatment has a good track record.

4 Likes

We know what mRNA is, and how the immune system responds to it. Basically, it treats it the same way as it does any other foreign body that enters your bloodstream: it gets rid of it.

It’s pretty simple what the vaccine does. It’s just a messenger for a specific type of protein that comes standard with the covid virus. Your immune system then becomes aware of that particular protein, and immediately attacks anything that’s sporting it.

From studies made in the past, the worst thing about these mRNA based medications is that they sometimes weren’t as effective as doctors hoped they’d be, and is probably the reason why most of the vaccines take two doses to achieve full effect. But as far as the individual ingredients go, the worst thing you could expect is an immediate allergic reaction, which is standard with ALL vaccines. In long term cases, the absolute worst we could expect from these mRNA based vaccines produced in these labs is that they inadvertently cause people to develop a new allergic reaction against some random thing that also happens to carry that protein.

…but that could happen anyway, considering we’re bombarded by foreign mRNA every day of our lives.

I can understand and respect why some people are cautious about getting their shot. If you don’t want to get it, don’t get it. I just take exception to all the conspiracy theories that have been floated in response to it.

2 Likes

If that were true, why would pharma insist on absolution of responsibility for side effects?

1 Like

They get that guarantee for all the vaccines they offer. Everyone has an incredibly small, but still real chance of getting Guillain-Barre from every vaccine they take, or suffer an unexpected severe allergic reaction. Big Pharma wants to make sure it’s ass is covered from all these unintended, unpredictable side effects.

Well I’m all too happy to stop covering my ass the moment they stop covering theirs.

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, they don’t stab your butt cheek. It goes in your arm.

6 Likes

An article I’ve read recently states covid antibodies, both from covid itself or vaccine, lasts 9-10 months. They’re still testing for it. But if that confirms true… it’s going to be fun.

Just imagine, a world in which flu shots were a thing… For real though, the longer we have this virus around on so many people, the bigger the risk of more serious variants emerging becomes. To me that is all the more reason to want to nip this in the butt as soon as possible.

I don’t care if I get Pfizer or J&J, OP is 100% right. Even if some vaccines really are more effective than others (which is still a gross oversimplification), any protection is better than none.

Stay safe people <3

5 Likes

If we actually had technical reason for the confident assertions of both “effectiveness” and “safety” that are now being [too-] heavily promoted, that would be one thing. But we have never attempted any human treatment that is based on these new techniques and the as-yet untested theories which accompany them. Yet, we did not conduct clinical trials. There are very-obvious risks inherent in literally, reprogramming the body to produce an antigen in hope of eliciting an immune response. We really do not yet know if this response – which is entirely different from the one elicited by an actual recovered infection – will in fact prevent the virus nor how long it will last. Literally, “only time will tell.” But we did not take the time.

In fact, we are pushing this mostly as catharsis, against a virus that has only ever been contracted by a small percentage of the population and which, in the grand reckoning, proved singularly fatal to almost none of them. We purposely skipped all of the usual precautionary measures, and I believe that we mostly did it for political reasons … much as, in my humble opinion, most of this response was “done for political reasons.”

This much we know: “there will always be ‘another virus.’” The next one could actually be “yellow fever,” or “the Spanish flu.” It could be everything that this virus turned out not to be. But there will be an endless procession of “next ones,” just as there always has been since time began. Therefore, when I now contemplate just how we reacted to this one, I have an abundance of cause for alarm.

The people didn’t get objective, comparable information that they could use, and they couldn’t determine how to evaluate what they had been given. They weren’t given the basis for decision-making and were not permitted to decide: they were commanded what to do on pain of law, and some of them were arrested for playing with their children in a park. Public health response zeroed in on “literally one, maybe two” physicians based on their academic credentials – instead of the collective experiences of millions of practicing physicians world-wide who (uhhh …) “actually see patients.” Empirical knowledge gained by those people, about effective treatment protocols and how they worked, was actually suppressed. The list of errors just goes on and on and on.

And, “since there will always be ‘another virus,’” this is completely unacceptable. It is, in and of itself, a great danger to us all. “Public health” and “politics” should never be mixed, but without a doubt they were. Worldwide.

1 Like

Nope. mRNA vaccines for various diseases have been ran through human trials before. I could spend more time looking more of them up, but this one link alone proves your assertion wrong.

Curevac Phase 1 mRNA rabies vaccine trial, 2017.

edit: Here’s another:

Moderna Phase 1 mRNA flu vaccine trial, 2015-2017.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X19305626

3 Likes

I just wanna say something seriously, then I’ll leave this discussion because it’s becoming selfmade virologists-oriented with a degree at the University of Life.

Have you ever read the drug leaflet of a simple anti-inflammatory/analgesic/antipyretic medication that you take so easy when you have a simple headache?
Studies proved that 1/1000 get those serious side effects that are on the leflet.
Vaccine’s chances to get serious side effects are waay less. Something like 1/millions.

The vaccine psychosis is a psychological factor.
If you’re sick, even with a simple headache, you think the ratio benefit/risks is on your favour.
While when you have to take a medication when you’re fine, to prevent a disease, you think it’s not worth it and since you’re scared to be wrong, you start to believe in strange conspiracy theories.

5 Likes

Perhaps it is so with this single vaccine, but did you know that children now have to take more than 80 of the things before they leave their teen years (with the number rising annually)? Not only that, you have to take into account how the drugs might interact with each other because it is now common for young kids to get multiple vaccines in short succession.

When I was a kid, hearing of vaccine injury was very uncommon, but the number of required injections was a lot lower too. In fact, I did learn that a few of the shots I did not have at all in infancy because I was considered high risk. That one in a million chance might sound infinitesimally small, but how about doing it 80 more times (even more so now with shots for various adult afflictions now on the market)?

1 Like

What… what kind of messed up system is that?
I think I had to take 3 mandatory shots through the whole school and university combined.

1 Like

For one thing, I am mentioning the time period from birth through college, not just the schooling years.

That is not to mention there has been a rapid rise in the number of vaccine products over the past couple of decades. I expect the number to grow even faster since it is now possible to get a product to market in under a year.