Cozy Room Render

I made a small cozy windowed room. this project took me 2 days, first to block out the room and then add details. I then decided to add a simple animation to bring the scene to life.

Instagram: jbcreative7

Video version

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5gOTyFgHih/?hl=en

54 Likes

Wow, that is really good. Two days is good too. It would take me a lot longer I’m sure.

1 Like

Very nice render! I like the overall mood and all the details in the bookshelf. If I could offer some feedback, I think the exterior looks a little dark compared to the amount of light coming in the window.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

thanks man!

Thanks mate, that is great feedback. I agree with you, I just edited the image to bump up the exposure outside to make it look slightly more realistic, thanks for the helpful advice!

1 Like

The more I look at it, the more I want to be that cat.

4 Likes

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Great work man! I think it looks 99,99% photoreal, the only thing catching my eye is the white folded sheet looking a bit to stiff, maybe add some wrinkles? And I would personally lose the dust particles. Just nitpicking, awesome work!

1 Like

You make some good points, I could have spent a little more time on the cloth sim or sculpted in some wrinkles. thanks for the tips!

Really nice render and sweet scene!
I think it’s great overall but would make a few changes personally:

• fireflies/dust doesn’t seem to add anything so I would remove
  • lighting is really orange and I think should be more balanced
  • wall above the window seems really grainy/stucco-like with the other wall not looking the same - I would tone that down.
  • Cat is adorable :slight_smile:
  • The pillow and white sheet look very unnatural and not obeying laws of physics.

Great work and looking forward to seeing more of your great stuff!

1 Like

thanks for the tips, will keep them in mind for the next one!

On the point of the warm (orange) lighting, I beg to differ. I think it makes the scene and is 100% essential.

Sorry to be contrary, I like the light as is, but that’s my opinion.

1 Like