Howdy! I’ve posted this thread before in Team projects-category, but it didn’t pay off, so I try my luck here.
So, I’ve been making an unpaid fangame Crash Bandicoot N. Eurosis with few co-programmers, they’ve left the project, so I’m in urgent need of replacements.
That ever-devious Dr Cortex up to no good once more! He’s kidnapped Coco and is testing his new mind control prototype to force her build bigger one, that works on the whole planet! Thankfully, a hero of all bandicoots, Crash Bandicoot, arrives to free Coco, and no worries, even if the machine was complete, cause Crash and Coco wrecked down its power supply while escaping Cortex’s castle.
The mad scientist himself won’t give up though. He just thought that a certain value of purple power crystals might be enough to power up his planetary mind control contraption, and sends his minions all over the world to find those crystals. As soon as bandicoot siblings realize this, their only hope is findig the crystals, before the minions do so.
So begins the type of adventure we’ve all been waiting for! Crash is back, and this time for REAL!
It’s a new game with classic Warped/WoC formula which consists of:
- Warp room with 25 regular levels and 5 hidden ones (unlockable with relics)
- ND’s low poly layout on characters and some of the objects
- Classic Crash with all of Warped’s moves
- All the good ol’ elements from ND’s Crash games from Wumpa fruit to crates
- Bonus paths, skull paths and gem paths
- Crystals, gems and relics (each one received by their respective ways)
- Lab assistants
- Five boss battles (Ripper Roo, Rilla Roo, Koala Kong, N-Gin and Cortex, order of first three might be changed depending how you prefer)
I guess I could also reveal which environments I’m planning for game’s levels so far:
- Slippery boardwalks in nordic forests
- Swamp (Floridan ones for example)
- Logging site (sometimes with beaver fortresses)
- Desert surfing
- Building’s wall under renovation
- Mountain paths
Screenshots of game’s previous state:
Game was started with Vanilla BGE, but for @Daedalus_MDW’s suggestion, it’s being ported into Godot, so programmers her are no use to this innocent project anymore. However, we’re now open for modelers, texturists and designers, who use Blender v 2.78c or earlier.
The first elements to be designed for this game are:
- Warp room and its warp pads
- Styled in-level warp pads and bonus platforms to each environment (except ones I can come up with the styles for)
So if you’d wish to help, you can leave a comment here or contact me via [email protected]. I higly appreciate your help with this.
Thank you for your attention
Crash Bandicoot and related content courtesy of Activision