crashes from blender games

I noticed some blender games cause windows to crash from time to time. Is it my video card or is this a general instability issue?

i have noticed this sometimes, if there is bad scripting. or a logic error that makes it chrash

i have noticed this sometimes, if there is bad scripting. or a logic error that makes it chrash[/quote]
if that is the case open it in 2.25 and run it, the errors should be printed on the console

no I meant from the exe. I never had a problem while running blender.
<edit> btw do you have to have an older version of python to use game blender, or is it self contained?

i have noticed this sometimes, if there is bad scripting. or a logic error that makes it chrash[/quote]
if that is the case open it in 2.25 and run it, the errors should be printed on the console[/quote]
sometimes beofre you get time to look in the consloe it closes blender, so the console is useless sometimes :wink:

well I just went and downloaded publisher and the runtimes seem alot cleaner so maybe it won’t crash now. :slight_smile:

standalone runtimes and things run in the standalone player may print errors [for example if you try to import the blender module] invisibly. use the -c switch to have the console window show up

… well, no, not exactly

most things shouldn’t require a full python install in the first place

I am assuming I can count on the logic bricks but not necessarily the scripts.

correct

python scripts can be expected to not work if they:
import the blender module
use pretty much any module other than:
GameLogic, GameKeys, Rasterizer, and math

but that still gives a lot of room to work with, and if something doesn’t work the -c option is there to find out why