Crashing on Startup: Insane Icon Size

Please forgive me if I’ve posted this in the wrong area. I tried posting this before, but I think I may have posted it to one of the archives. If this is in the wrong area, let me know. On with the question:

Blender 2.45 (stable version) crashes on startup. All I get are a bunch of white & black horizontal lines in the program window and the matrix window (is that right? sorry) reads the “Insane Icon Size di->w 10248 di->h 10248”. I’m on a 3Ghz PC running Windows XP with 1.5GB of memory. I’ve never had this problem before. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

• tried updating my display drivers - (I had the latest already)
  • tried installing a regression version - (same problem)
  • tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2.45 several different times

I’ve got pretty much the same setup on my laptop at home, but I can run Blender 2.45 with no problems, runs great.

Any ideas or thoughts? The only thing I can figure is I ran a registry cleaner a couple of weeks ago and that it may have gotten rid of something it wasn’t supposed to. But I ran the same version of registry cleaner on my laptop at home and I have no issues. I’m all out of guesses. At least ones that my feeble mind can wrap around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Blender is the most awesome open source project in the whole world, truly.

Thanks in advance.

Turn down Hardware Acelleration in Display Properties. If your Video Card has its own hardware acelleration turn it off and also turn off AntiAliasing and Filters.

%<

That was so simple I feel I should’ve known that. Thank you so much! I’ve been racking my brain on this for over a week before I decided to post. Turning down the hardware acceleration was the key. Thanks again for your help!