Create your career

I have a start-up animation and digital products company with many projects. Volunteers are needed to help, for now, credit for work, and adding to your portfolio is all we can offer. Workers on profitable projects may be rewarded monetarily and may be offered permanent status on our team with future income potential. Help build an animation company…and possible career.

1 Like

Hey, I’m very interested, can you show or tell more about the type of work you do?

I think you should provide more information than this: show what these portfolios will look like, who will see them, will this lead to paid projects? To be honest, starting a business but not being able to pay artists doesn’t sound great…

10 Likes

Hi,
My website for these projects is http://www.aliencatstudios.com. The goal is to create a successful digital products company for family entertainment and education. I am a bit of a jack-of-all trades but not highly skilled in 3D animation. I can do the sound tracks, play drums, guitar, piano, sing…and have done some acting in the past. I made a living as an 2D artist for about 7 years, and am a former professor/scientist for over 25 years working in research hospitals and medical universities overseeing new speed learning methods, designing and editing scientific research projects/publications for research scientists who were doctors and psychologists. I wrote a book on Python programming, used in several European universities, and do all the programming for my websites. My skills are well suited for creation of digital products.

I am now formally retired from those pursuits and have turned my attention to turning my hobbies into an income that I can do from anywhere in the world.
I recently created and registered a family owned corporation to launch our products and business. I obviously can’t do everything myself, even though I give it my best shot. The company is a start-up and we don’t borrow money so we don’t have much to work with.

I am looking for people with useful skills to help product products, films, et. I have created several 3D characters in Blender that need cleaning up and repair. I am not good at rigging and many of my characters have movement issues. Learning to do everything is far to time consuming and I need a team to help launch several product/project ideas. If you have skills and a passion for this kind of work, let me know what you can and are willing to do.

Successful projects may produce income for all of us, if very successful we may be able to provide regular jobs and possibly profit sharing as well as salaries.

Let me know more about you if you are interested.
J.S. Ginther CEO
Alien Cat Corporation

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I have experimented with several business models and found people who are motivated by their passions first, money later down the list make the best long term team players. Being willing to share profits and time losses motivates people to share in business ownership, set-backs, and success rather than only being worker ants that are disposable. Been there done that. I hope to create a team with enough passion for their work that will result in fun, fulfillment, and eventually profit for everyone; sharing risks, sharing profits. Thanks again for your ideas.

I forgot: For now, the style for animations, shorts, and films is simple cartoon style like the characters on our developing music page: [https://aliencatstudios.com/inner/music.html]

Right, but you’re missing that “being motivated by their passions” is not the same thing as “being motivated by your passion”. Unless you’re planning on working on every passion project your team wants to do, they’re going to be working for your passion, not theirs, and people typically need paid to care about someone else’s passion

10 Likes

I could probably help with this as I am interested in group animation projects. I can model in Blender but looking to do some animations as well . I will attach some pics of models I have done in the past.

Would love to be part of your project and experience it. :slight_smile:

Hi, sorry for the delay…been busy. You can have a look at the style of animation I am working on at our website: http://www.aliencatstudios.com Let me know what you are skillful at and willing to spend time on. Thanks.

I’m very interested as well.