Creating a Powder?

So I have been trying to figure out how to make a powder for a while now, I saw a similar post on this forum a while back but the OP never mentioned how they did it, at the end they just said they got it fixed and left. So I was wondering how one would go about getting a powder, like gunpowder, sand etc. Reason being I am trying to make something similar I saw on youtube which demonstrated the fracture tool but as the smaller pieces broke they turned into dust/powder. Unless I have missed something in the fracture tool for over a year that I have used it I am almost positive you cant do that from within the tool, so I am wondering if anyone knows of a good way to make powder! Thanks for any info

References! YouTube is vast… And so is Blender Artists. If you show us what you want to do, we can tell you how we would do it. If you don’t, some people will start shooting darts in the dark, but most people won’t.

So… YT URL? BA URL?

This might help: http://lesterbanks.com/2011/12/creating-realistic-dust-effects-in-blender If nothing else it might get you headed in the right direction.

You could also try those tutorials (in german):