Creating a simple white room with window and realistic lighting

Hey Guys,

I’m fairly new to making realistic scenes in blender and would appreciate some help trying to recreate a room similar to this.

I have no trouble with making models, but I can’t seem to achieve the lighting (nor texturing) quality of a realistic photo. If anyone could put together a scene using the photo as a reference point, that would be greatly appreciated. The ladder and figures are unnecessary, I’m looking more towards the minimalist white architecture of the room.

I’ll happily help you with graphic design or website development should you need it, in return for helping me out!

Kind Regards, Paul

Attachments

Here’s the link to the models if anyone would mess around with the lighting and textures, that would be much appreciated!
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/41350

As you can see, I’m not having much luck:

Attachments

I had a quick look at the file, but you have the following problems:

• The mesh around the door is a bit wrong (bottom left corner of the left door)
  • the mesh is a bit dodgy, with lots of double vertices, tris and polygons.

The question is what are you going for?

If you want realism, then you have to have good modelling (UV unwrapped properly) and all the little details that make it ‘real’. For materials, have a look at chocofur who has some nice ones for cycles.

If you need help modelling this (since you only mentioned lighting and materials), just PM me and I can help

Although I have used blender before, I’ve only dealt with the Low-Poly style and diffuse lighting so as you can imagine, there’s quite a lot of depth that I’ve missed out on. (Check out the attached “StoneHenge”)

I’m working on a project and I’ve been assigned the theme of “Minimalist Architecture” which I interpreted as places similar to what I posted up the top and the attached “Print7”. Ideally, I could venture out and photograph such locations, but I felt I’d be limited by travel and It’d be hard to find the perfect locations, so I opted to create such photographic scenes on blender, render them out, and have them professionally printed at A3 size. Well, I’m trying to anyway.

I’m looking for sharp edges, sharp lighting, preferably black and white scenes. Different ways corners and windows sills act near each other in composition, any irregularities that have geometry (Easier said than done of course).

Although I do feel bad asking for help, I’m in desperate need of it!

Kind Regards, Paul

Attachments

Okay, I will PM you back

blend file here: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/41362

Attachments

This is bloody beautiful. Thanks so much!