Creating a user intercative render

Hi,
I would like to create a render which lets users for example move where they view a model from.

To keep things simple Ill use below as an example its not what Im trying to do.

I have a 3d model, may be a cube, shpere anything some objects. They are animated to move around each other.

I have a cam, light etc. I know how to make a cam track an object and animated that’s all fine.
If I render it as an mp4 it can play as a video with the cam going when I set it to go.

I thought it would be nice , if when some one was viewing the model, They could move the cam around and may look down from the top, look from the left etc. May be zoom in of an object that kind of thing.
Im pretty such mp4 doe not support that, or if it does I have no idea how to achieve it.

I saw a couple of You Tube videos on making it a game, I don’t know if that’s the right path and also they used blender game render which I do not have and no clue how I could let others watch it.
I tried looking under Render Engine and only have workbench, cycles, evee.
Im using V3.1.2 on Linux.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

I have heard of clickable mp4 and have no idea if that would work, I guess its using some kind of map hotspot and when clicked opens a new link…
Sorry do not know enough to even be able to ask the correct question.
Many thanks.

Sounds like a job for the Game Engine. Or… another tool.

Good luck.

1 Like

Hi
Thank you. My install does not have the game engine and all of the tutorials seem to assume it do.
They mostly say change from cycles , evee to game engine, but I do not have that as an option.

I tried looking at prefs addons, searching for game and other variations.

Has Blender changed its name, moved it, am I looking in the wrong place? Etc ?

Im using 3.1.2 on Linux.

Sorry if this is a very stupid question.
Thank you for being so helpful.

It’s not a simple process, but it can be done. Here are some options:

Marmoset Viewer (requires a subscription to Toolbag app)

Upload to Sketchfab

Export as GLB

Export as GLTF

2 Likes

I’d vote for sketchfab, as @Reg_Nullify posted above.

3 Likes