Creating Believable Eyes

I suppose that may be a doable work-around, I’ll check it out sometime. Basically the way the maker of the tutorial uses liquify is to scale and move the pupil of the image texture to match the UV coordinates. For example, the first attached image would change to the second one.

Attachments

Download Server Is Busy.
Download Server Is Busy.
Download Server Is Busy.
Download Server Is Busy.
Download Server Is Busy.

I have a very fast connection, but I can’t get the vids cause this place seems always busy and never DLing. I am at download queue position (1) for several hours now. If anyone has these four videos, I have a website you can FTP them to, so I can share them with others.

Of course I have them. Perhaps I could send them to you with Pando? (All 4 videos total 640 MB)

could you post them on an uploader site? or would that be illegal?

I finally got the first one DLed. Second one is coming now. I have never used this Pando before. I may just be able to get them and FTP them to my site. Since the Gnomon site is giving them away for free, then it is totally legal to distribute them for free.

I had the same problem with there download queue, so I just used there torrent download link without any problems.

That’s cool, but my ISP doesn’t allow Torrent DLs. I am at the mercy of straight up download. I finally got all four of them. If I can be convinced it is legal, I will put them on my website for others to DL. I am pretty sure it is legal though since they are giving it for free as well.

as often the tools in photoshop seems to be more adapted that the tools in the gimp so here is my way of doing an eye.
Start a new doc, 400*400
fill it with the darkest color of your eye. add some big touch of lighter or darker color.
on a new layer, take a brush a thin one, and start to draw line from top to botom going from the darker to the lighter color.
use the filter distort/ ondulate
then the filter distort/ interactiv deformation to add some accident.
then you can use distort /polar coordinate. It will make you an iris. dulpicate and rotate the layer a bit tweak color erase some part… and you will get a realy believable iris.

No offense, but I’ve never seen a painted iris that looked as convincing to me as a photo texture. (And the purpose of the tut is creating ‘believable’ eyes.)

true eye is more realistic than a false one .
here is what i get since your post (texturing and modeling)
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8782/eyexc1.th.jpg

but there is a trouble with ray trans it don t show the bump so i switch to ztransp
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2618/eye2fd6.th.jpg

are these still going onto an uploader site?