Creating high-quality tiled texture in blender only issue

here’s an illustration for the issue I’m facing

You should not use the box mapping option in the image texture node if you are using UV cords. That will cause the stretching on the z axis.

The box mapping option in the image texture node is to use with generated or object cords.

Box mapping + UV cords (no go)

Box mapping + Generated (OK)

Box + object (OK)

Box mapping is a way to avoid unwrapping and using UV cords.

2 Likes

The rules and expectations of etiquette are very different here from social media or chats, which can cause some confusion, so let me clarify a couple things for you:

You don’t need to say this, and it’s considered rude to expect “ASAP” on a forum. No one here is paid to help you, everyone is helping you with their own time out of the goodness of their hearts. Every reply and time put into it is a gift, no need to add demands to that gift.

Also, please stop making a second reply saying this:

You don’t need to do this, this is a discussion forum. The purpose is to discuss things. Please post your question and then either wait for replies or add updates, but posting replies without additional information like this is considered spammy and may deter people from helping you

2 Likes

I will consider this as an advice and not as an attack…there is indeed some misunderstanding (and you haven’t asked why do I do this)…but I’ll let it go.
by asap I’m not ordering everybody to help as soon as possible. and if u think that…then the tag (High-Priority) is considered rude and that I’m urging people on the forum to help, same

So I should change the way the nodes are connected (I’ll change the texture coordinate from UV to generated) and see what happens

So I should change the way the nodes are connected (I’ll change the texture coordinate from UV to generated) and see what happens
Edit: Is that right?

It made things slightly better btw
thx

It would also be appreciated if you’d stop flagging posts every time someone disagrees with you or says something you don’t like. Flagging is a way to mark content that is off-topic, spam, or contains personal insults or misinformation.

Like everyone else here, I’m trying to help you. People that don’t follow forum ettiquette typically get ignored when they ask questions. I’m going out of my way to try and explain how you can increase your chances of getting help from this community. There’s no reason to regard that as an attack. In fact, nothing anyone has ever said to you on this site is an attack. Most things in life aren’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do accept advice…and even sometimes attacks that are indeed insulting (Probably by ignoring the insulter). What I said does not mean I do not accept anyone to disagree with me…it meant “It would’ve been nicer if you just said please instead of that’s rude” and “You didn’t even ask why that guy did what he did?”
so…yes, some people might perceive the way you were talking to me as being rude or as an attack (especially that you didn’t put in account the cultural differences…i.e when I say someone that he’s rude in USA will have a different impact on the person if he was japanese for example + When you say “something you don’t like”…well…that’s relative just like time…what someone thinks is normal might sound rude to another :slight_smile: )
Now back to the main topic (What were we talking about again?)

The easiest way would be to forget about PBR for now and e.g. just use base color and disconnect all others. Get this one right first, understand why it works and then go on with the others.

If you want to get reliable way to get good results is by using UV at the beginning. Then, every texture which gets that UV (via mapping) has to be set to flat.

Now to get the desired result, use UV unwrapping.

I did UV unwrapping even before I start this topic…it didn’t work …have a look at the pic above

UV unwrapping is adjustable. It allows you for every face to show whatever part you want from the textures. That’s why I suggested you to look for tutorials, such that you understand how to use it and to understand what is going on.
But for that, you first need to set up the nodes as described in my previous post, otherwise, it won’t have any effect.

If you use it properly and if you understand how to use it, it works.

that’s right?

No it is not.

But Why? It actually made some difference…

I explained what you need to do in order to be able to use UV unwrapping. You did nothing I explained. I don’t care if some change made a difference.

Can you tell me Exactly what should I do when UV unwrapping? I mean Instead of just telling me to use UV unwrapping…i.e: In our case…how can I use UV unwrapping to solve the issue? if anyone can help providing step-by-step suggestion like what @DNorman did
thanks

Instead of “Generated”, use “UV”. Then every texture needs to use “Flat”. It might help to disconnect everything but “Base Color” from the “Principled” to be sure the other textures don’t somehow interfere.

As soon as you have that, you can unwrap the object. For this, I suggest to look at unwrapping tutorials to get an understanding of what you need to do.

1 Like

Ok I’ll try and come back to u

And I changed all to flat
It’s just what I started with?

I need to apologize, I did not want you to change everything. I just wanted to see what happened if you changed it so I could see the result for my information…since the Nodes were cut off and we don’t know what you have done and the UV map was so small it is just a blob on my screen… Then I would have a better understanding of the problem…I did not expect it to veer off on some unconnected tangent…Again SORRY for not being clear…

As far as I can tell for the UV, Andrew only selected the siding, U for Unwrap, Smart UV Project, then hit OK. He then rotated the UV map 90 degrees to the Right so that all the planks are horizontal…That should be all that is needed for the UV unwrapping of the siding and roof…

Before going much further a question…Can we assume that you DO know how to combine the multiple PBR textures, without using the Node Groups from Polygon?