Crescent Dawn Alpha 2: Downloads moved (linux, windows), Server online (no dialup)

The test has now officially begun. You can start breaking real stuff now.

Windows
http://www.savefile.com/files/7087706 - 12 mb rar
If you have downloaded the client previously, this is a brand new version and you shouldn’t overwrite any old files.

If you get a gray screen when you run any of the cdo.bat files, please post the contents of dat/stderr and I will do my best to figure out why it’s not working.

Linux
http://www.savefile.com/files/6287870 - 13 mb .tar.bz2
Run “cdo” which is the main executable file.
If you get errors it could be because pygame isn’t liking your sound card. Open settings.ini and under the [client] section, set musicvolume=0 and soundvolume=0.

Server is: Offline

i have to admit guys, saluk has been the trooper in this round. He has been working his butt off and if I had worked as hard as him the game would be looking a lot better. I apologize. I hope you guys like my music, sfx, and temporary graphics :slight_smile:

get it while you can!

RonC

I got some errors:

Can’t find:

smpeg.dll
python23.dll

Windows blocked packetfilter.exe

My cisco firewall closed down port 6361.

The game loads in the end and I can see the log on screen.
Is there anything I need to do here, or will it all still work?

PS: What is your definition of a good cpu? >2Ghz?

i have the same con’t find errors but i dont have any problem with my firewall i just click allow nice so far with the animations and stuff but i think you should make the cursor move faster

congrats on the release fellas :slight_smile: will see you in-game i hope

sweet work!

what IS your defenition of a fast cpu? :stuck_out_tongue:

@scabootssca: use periods.

Jacco;

well 1.2ghz laptop had issues with it, but my a64 3000+ desktop worked fine…

just is a warning in case it doesnt work.

About the build ill talk to saluk and see what we can do :slight_smile:

RonC

maybe I’ll have saluk add a fader to adjust that.

It works fine for me! Now get the server online, who cares about other people downloading! :wink:

Ok why do i get the error when i try and run the Dos batch file
“Another program is curentlly useing this program”
???

i’ve got the same errors as social

is that cause i have python 24 and not 23?

and what is the smpeg.dll??, i haven’t got that

Can someone pleas give the reasons for that, cause i really want to play this game!

I have Python 2.4, and it works fine, so I don’t believe that’s the problem (though I do have 2.3 as well). I only get a message about smpeg.dll when I close the program, though.

i left a msg with saluk about this, im getting the error too. sorry, im sure he’ll fix it asap, its nothing big.

RonC

I did a quick google search for smpeg, and its a free download (cant remember link, just google it). Its also Open Source, so you guys should be able to add it to the CDO distribution without any worries.

@Saluk, I have a server if you’d like me to host the setup file, distract some bandwidth from your test server? Just say the word and I can upload the build linked in this thread straight away.

EDIT: PS. I’ll do a direct link, dont worry I’m not trying some pay-per-click scam here, just want to help you guys get this project going any way I can! :slight_smile:

Those errors probably won’t affect the game working, it’s just a few of the dependancies that for some reason need dlls even when you don’t use the features in them :confused: I provided a patch file in the top post for everyone who downloaded the error version, so please download it. I also updated the main zip, so if you haven’t downloaded the game yet, you can get the full download and not worry about the patch. I also have provided the linux version to download, it will definately require python to be installed, but shouldn’t need the other dependancies.

MeiaLua: I wouldn’t mind at all if you could mirror the links, I actually was going to ask people to mirror them today. I was also planning on putting up a torrent a little later, if anyone wants to beat me to it be my guest. Make sure that if you do host a mirror or put up a torrent, you use this latest archive rather than the one I posted last night that had the errors.

EDIT: Here they be:

Mirrored new builds as of 19 March 06

PC:
http://www.zerofilter.com/cdo_alpha2b.rar
Linux
http://www.zerofilter.com/cdo_alpha2b.tar.bz2.tar

Thank you MeiaLua!

My hope is to get the server finished and updated by the end of the day, so everyone can play :slight_smile:

braveheart - are you running windows xp? I haven’t tested on any other versions of windows besides xp, and I expect there will be problems. Either way, see if it works now with the updated archive.

I’m getting a ‘server could not be reached’ error. I told windows firewall to allow it, though…

it’s because the server is not up yet chack back in 1-2 days