CrescentDawn Teaser

Saluk: Anyway, we’ve been talking about the possibility of a demo. For now, it’s just that - a possibility. But who knows?

Sounds really awesome. I think many people in here would love to see this comming. Maybe it would be a great demo for the Blender Conference to show what’s captable with the game engine. :stuck_out_tongue:
The future I see in here is, I’m learning Python but not for my own, but to help people in here. I want to write a tutorial about python in the game engine when I reach the level of game Logic Guru :smiley: But so get this done, I need a bunch resource so find out the logic of game logic python coding. :wink:

No, No, don’t stop feeding us screens. Hmmm, unless that means you’ll release a demo sooner, I’ll be all for it.

Besides this thread being a teaser, you’ve been teasing us the whole way. Well at least one video was released on what Crescent Dawn could do. Lol, you leave us wanting more. Hmm, but 2 people working on the project would take a while for a game of this magnitude I guess. So now what’s the release date you guys are shooting for?

Jason Lin

Well speaking for myself, I am the only modeller and designer for the game, so pretty much I’m not aiming for a release date. We are simply working on making a great game. Interactivity with the environment is going to be the big deal here.

Saluk most likely will agree :wink:

Just you guys be patient and enjoy what visuals we give you :slight_smile:

RonC

The second picture rivals the first in quality, I love the texture and the detail.

Trust me, saluk and I are VERY flattered. Thank you

RonC

What about living creature in there? landschape shows up like a real nice thing, but what about the living things? :smiley:

We’re working on it.

RonC

That’s some good way to wake up our interest in yer game again dudes!

Know what’s odd? I was thinking a week or so ago, as I browsed lots’a topics “hmmm, what happened to Crescent Dawn?” and now you come with these cool snaps!

I remember the last shots (with a little of of Saluk’s site of course…) and combining the other scenarios, with this cool weather systeam you’re boasting… real neat guys!

Hope to hear from your game soon! I so wanna play in those scenarios… (makes me remember Unreal, remember that old First Person Shooter? before Unreal Tournament came… that’s a good game!)

And for the scripting… god I want to get my hands on your culling script and in your now-new weather scripts ;), and don’t take me wrong… study and imitation means only one thing… we admire you!

ONE Question… are you still using 2.25?

Nope we have made the jump to 2.34. The new collision and alpha fixes are requirements, as in we can’t live without them. There are some other things we can’t live without that are still not there yet, object loading being the biggie for me right now.

Sounds great that you and Doogs are using the blender 2.34 engine. But isn’t that a slow engine or are you developing things in it with Kester? I mean I used the engine a couple of times, but I’ve got a very low framerate when I test my simple landschape view with just 500 tri’s and a culling script. The fps is like 30. How are you dealing with that? :frowning: While when I test it in 2.25 is has a fps of 85,5 :-?

Lol I think I should dig up my voicechat interview idea. I interviewed Goofster one. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re using the latest BF blender releases. For me, crescent dawn is running about 30fps, give or take. For the time being, it’s pretty nice. Our older versions were running at 12fps because of so many python scripts going on and the loading of the huge world meshes. As for our haitus, we took a long break until the game engine came out in better form. Saluk had to redo character physics, and to be honest in my area of work, I scrapped the old world and am working on the one you now see in the screens.

At the moment, (behind Saluk’s back, sorry saluk- you must approve) Ive been asking skyshark to hopefully join our team as the creature modeller. We’ll see how that pans out.

We are also potentially looking for a good texture artist. That is, unless lizard509 and cluh come back… :stuck_out_tongue:

Doogs

hey doogs and saluk!!

So glad to see you guys back at it. Things are looking good as usual. I have one question though. How do you get the sky to show through the fog? Is there an override flag somewhere that I’m missing or are you doing that with python? Thanks.

TorQ

Heheh… Let’s just say it’s multiple scenes and illusions. No python magic there.

RonC

%| Thanks for the help. :-?

Sheez. Why are you trying to break the MYSTIQUE of crescent dawn!? We simply had the skybox in a separate scene, and close enough so that its not fogged down.

RonC

Could we have more screen shots? Or maybe a video? Or a VRML scene?

how about i dont say any more and let all of you obsess over what little I have given?

Sounds good to me

Doogs

I’ll obsess when I can play the game. :wink:

:smiley: Doogs and Saluk! Great to see the " Oldschool" back again.
…Longing…
I think the views of Your project makes the imagination of the community goes forward!

Thankx a lot!

You know what obsess me? Well that I don’t have anought sparetime to create something like that in blender. :frowning: I got a bunch of consept art, models and much more the work directly on my project idea. I never have shown these things to anyone except some chars I did like the minotaurus. anyways next year I’ve got a school project, so when I can finish that in 3 months I can work 5 months on my project. :stuck_out_tongue: