Cryolophosaurus

This is my latest work, the Cryolophosaurus, it was a lot of fun to create the whole design based on the original Cryolophosaurus and also to work with the colors.
I hope you like the result!
Base model made in Blender, Highpoly made in zbrush, retopology and render in blender and painting in substance painter

45 Likes

:+1:
congrats.

1 Like

Apart from the actual model, great posing job. Appreciate seeing realistic movement even though these are still images :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you very much, glad you liked it

1 Like

Very nicely done, congratulations! Beautiful beast! I certainly couldn’t do it so well.

But… I find his scales a little too smooth and shiny, like leather or plastic. I don’t know how it could be better (I don’t have any experience with dinosaurs yet), but there’s something unreal about that, I think … in my opinion.

1 Like

Thank you, It’s really a little weird, I must have been wrong in the roughness control
thank you very much for the feedback

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you @bartv Have a great week you too

1 Like

Thats a beautiful sculpt and material work. Well done sir. I would love to see what the final version would look like with a displacement map and some more subdivisions.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

3 Likes

are the skin bumps procedural or sculpted?

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I’m creating another one and I intend to do it with displacement, this one I did to run on unity or unreal without displacement

@bartv Thank you!

@BaidDSB All Sculpted!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this Jurassic artwork!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step, and an insight on sculpting creatures in Blender.

Thanks,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation

2 Likes

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #animals category! You can vote for it here.