curtains realistic material struggle!

hi

trying to do interiors i try to imitate this real scene:

and my imitation:

the problem i can’t get a good realistic curtain material, i tried SS shader and mixed a diffuse with transparent but i didn’t work, any tip on that i’ll be thankful?

try mapping this texture to translucency ( not sure what that would be in cycles )

I’m not an expert of cycles, though I would make use of a Fresnel node to mix a diffuse (or a translucent) with a transparent node, maybe multiplying with the map that Modron appended above, so that the material can become less transparent at glancing angles.

Nice work BTW!

paolo

Did you solidify the curtain? SS shader will need some thickness to the mesh so it won’t work with just a plane. Other than that it comes down to playing with the settings.

try mapping this texture to translucency
i did, but didn’t work

I’m not an expert of cycles, though I would make use of a Fresnel node to mix a diffuse (or a translucent) with a transparent node,
i’m already using that.

Nice work BTW!
thanks

Did you solidify the curtain? SS shader will need some thickness to the mesh so it won’t work with just a plane. Other than that it comes down to playing with the settings.
thanks for the tip, i used it in the light curtain below it.

@ikarishingi and @druban: i read those but concluded to nothing, althought they have int

it’s been more than hour fiddling with this material, i’ll try to update when i get a better results -iAw-, thanks.