Curve don't keep even proportions on 90 degree angles?

So I can’t figure out why blender 2,91 bevel curve evenly when curve has 90 degree angle. On the picture left is the one that has only 90 degree angles and rigth one has only 1 bevel making all 90 degree angles 45 degree. How I can make 90 degree angles look even and why doersn’t blender jsut do it ???

Curve don’t keep even proportions.blend (788.7 KB)

Under the picture is the project file from which the picture is rendered if you think this is a bug or something.

Known issue… I believe they are working on it…

This problem propably has been on blender since always if it still is on 2,91 version. Kinds noobis things to leave so simple thing there. I wonder have anybody found solution to this then ???

Basic workflow

1. Make a bezier curve
  2. Set the handles to vector
  3. Model a mesh to extrude along the curve
  4. Convert the extrusion to a curve
  5. Set the bezier curves’ bevel object to the extrusion
  6. Check fill caps
  7. Set the bezier shape to 2D in the object data tab
  8. Extrude corners

I don’t really understand what you are saying. I tried to look up from videos and blender manual. In Blender manual it says that vector supports 3D I quote

" For example, switching to Vector handles can be used to create curves with sharp corners."

So I get that the bezier handles has to be changed to vectors like you say, only thing is that I don’t see any difference or idicator when I change the handle type of the bexier curve to vector and after that I don’t understand what you mean :frowning:

Also isn’t it possible to do this to bezier curve that is ready ? I get the impression that this should be started from beginning in order it to work ?

Since I still don’t understand your solution becauuse of my english I kept tweeking and found 1 way to do this without starting over here are the steps.

1 switch to edit mode and rotate the already extruded model 90 degrees
2 switch from 3D to 2D I quess “shape mode” ???
3 switch back to object mode and turn the mesh back 90 degrees so it faces front view and it’s done

no need to complicated changes of vector handles which I couldn’t get even to work. Blender is very stupidly made when this simple thing should not be this hard to produce I mean straight lines for crying out loud. I bet every other 3D software this is just basic function like so many other things. Since Blender is now getting funded I would hope to see some real changes to make this effin software more user friendly!

I mentioned the basic workflow

Edit mode > press V > select vector
complicated ???
I suggest you research and practice the curve handles
It’s okay, if your problem is solved

If you are working with curves, this plugin can speed up your workflow
http://blender-3d.288302.n8.nabble.com/Flexi-Bezier-Tool-td237.html

good luck

Again, they are working on it…

1 Like

I ment like you suggest it should work since I don’t understand the whole steps of the solution you suggest. When I change the handles to vector they don’t funktion differently, but that’s propably becuase I don’t understand steps 4 onward. if you could make a video of this that would solve it :slight_smile:

Basic workflow (The answer was not specific to you for general users)

1. Make a bezier curve

2. Set the handles to vector

3. Model a mesh to extrude along the curve

4. Convert the extrusion to a curve

5. Set the bezier curves’ bevel object to the extrusion

6. Check fill caps

7. Set the bezier shape to 2D in the object data tab

8. Extrude corners

I think I get it what you mean now, but my method is easier and also on your method I think it is needed that the extrution happens from top orthographic view which my mehod solves when rotating mesh on edit mode and then back on object mode.