CURVEmachine

I know, I have reported this issue to them aleady. Downloads still work from the email, and from the gumroad library.

Thanks for your support, despite your dislike of the platform. Much appreciated.

edit: Just noticed you have screenshoted DECALmachine, not CURVEmachine. Either way, thanks for your support :slight_smile:

Hi Machin3,
I bought your tool and really like it.
Do you plan to make the blendulate function available in nurbs mode or is there a technical reason to make it work only with poly curves ?

It should work with a nurbs curve too, as soon as I take out the POLY curve check. They too seem to use the normal spline.points collection, vs the bezier_points, I just have never really used nurbs curves in Blender, and so I thought its best to keep it simple for now.

Also nurbs curves do their own blending already too, so I’m not sure about a use case? Maybe you can help with that by elaborating on what you want to do?

Would be lovely to have the merge, and maybe slide, options for as many of the curve types as possible too, and a “merge by distance” would be nice.

Also, and sorry if i just missed it, but is there a way to type in an exact value for blendulate?

For example, on a smooth curve with very few control points, blendulate could be used to make soft corners at selected position.

1 Like

OK, will do. Thanks for all your great work, Curve Machine is so cool, the best of both spline and vector. Curve Machine, the missing link!

1 Like

Yes, in the redo panel:

1 Like

Cant belive I did not check that, silly me :woozy_face: Thanks

1 Like

Just purchased this. I’m building a model of one of my guitars and the way the strings pass through the bridge is a pian, (in real life also), this is going to make those critical ajdustments to the curve “bevels” at those point so much easier.

EDIT: Just tried it on the first string having installed. Was not convinced I needed it, boy, was I wrong! This is going to be such a usefull tool. Happy days.

1 Like

Glad to hear that, thanks for the feedback. Always nice to hear!

Leave some pics of the result if you want/can.

Just done a little video on it, showing how I’m using it at the moment.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, much appreciated. I left a comment.

1 Like

@MACHIN3 I understand your frustrations (somewhat?) about Blender Market…

Allow me to say, I really want to buy this add-on, but, like others have said. Its just too inconvenient (for me personally) to use Gumroad. I’ve bought your add-ons via Blender Market, and will continue to do so. Because what has already been said above ^, its easier to know if there’s an update for purchased add-ons. The UI isn’t bugged out, and troublesome to navigate. I can’t speak for you, but I can’t imagine you’re getting hurt or losing advertising on your hard work because of “popular vs free”. I don’t use social media, but I found you because of what was passed around and linked via 3D websites, like LVL80, that directly linked to your post on Twitter. Otherwise, someone in the community made a video on Youtube showing off your new tool. Just saying…

Just know, the day you put this on Blender Market, you’ll absolutely count on a purchase from myself. I love the work you’ve done for the community!

Side note: I honestly wish contributors like yourself made significant contributions from these add-ons into official Blender features. But no need to explain, it pays the bills, and (hopefully) gives you the liberty to not have to work for a company.

1 Like

@MACHIN3 Loving the addon! One thing I find myself missing is the ability to type in the amount of ‘blendulating’, to keep multiple bevels a consistent size. I also wish it would remember the previously used size as long as the mouse hasn’t moved, so you can ‘bevel’ one corner, press ctrl-B on the next and without moving the mouse, click to confirm. This’d make it extremely easy to make consistent corners (given similar edge size).
I’d also like it if ctrl would make the blendulate amount snap to integers, and ctrl+shift to fractions of that

1 Like

It should come to BM very soon, like this-week-soon. Thanks for your support, much appreciated.

I can’t speak for you, but I can’t imagine you’re getting hurt or losing advertising on your hard work because of “popular vs free”

It’s not clear what the cause is, but I’m sure it plays a role. Unfortunately sales have been very significantly pulling back over the past months, after being pretty stable for 2 years. I think BF donations have been going down too? I read something like this recently. Sb correct me if I’m wrong. Maybe I have reached market saturation. Maybe it’s the recession. Maybe the popularity of AI tools is making fewer people come to Blender. Whatever the reason, it’s a concerning development, but at least I’m lucky, in that i have a new product coming out soon.

Side note: I honestly wish contributors like yourself made significant contributions from these add-ons into official Blender features. But no need to explain, it pays the bills, and (hopefully) gives you the liberty to not have to work for a company.

I understand, that this would be more convenient for everybody, but yes: I have to pay my bills. People have to be realistic. I’m not funded by donations unlike the BF. I also have nothing to contribute in terms of native Blender code, and no desire or interest to learn another language.

I make tools out of necessity to improve my own design workflow. Having people buy them allows me to do this at a much higher level with more sophistication and polish, and tackling more complex problems, than I would be able to do just on my own. So it’s a win-win, but it relies on your support, and is impossible to do for free or based on a donation basis. It does not work like that.

HyperCursor has been in development for 3 years now, taking up probably 70% of my time. This is a massive investment and commitment for me in terms of time and finances (as I don’t earn anything from HC yet (if you exclude patreon)). This was only possible by having 2 relatively successful products that I had built previously (and continue to build) and which I’m selling.

I also do prefer to work for myself, which allows me to be in full control and work on the things I think are important. None of the things I have built, would exist had I worked for some company, including the BF.

6 Likes

Right now. You can repeat the exact previous blend by ALT clicking on Blendulate from the menu. See tooltip. I’ll try to make Shift + R work too.

CURVEmachine is now on Blender Market too.

If you chose to buy it, I’d appreciate it, if you would leave a rating. Unless you don’t like it, then don’t leave a rating, haha. Or pretend you do like it.

2 Likes

Just purchased! Thank you! :grinning:

I’m not sure what happened with your product, but I have reached out to support. Its been like this ALL day… :frowning:

Please send me an email with your receipt.

Edit: Or just try again now actually. It looks like BM had various issues over the past 12 hours, this being one of them.