CURVEmachine

v1.0 is out! | https://curve.machin3.io - Gumroad, Documentation

curvemachine

Features:

• add a single point poly curve at the cursor’s location to quickly start extruding a curve
  • create, edit or undo curve radii or non-circular blends
  • slide a curve point along its previous or next segment
  • merge to the last selected point or to the center of the selection, including across two splines
  • shuffle the gap of a spline to another location
  • adjust curve thickness, extrusion and resolution, and toggle spline cyclicity
  • interpolate curve point thickness and tilt
  • connect two splines

Get it on Blender Market or Gumroad!

16 Likes

FYI: those without a Twitter account cannot see the post.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out, I’m not linking to my account, but to all tweets I did about CURVEmachine. Seems like that only works when you are logged in.

You can go to my account directly, and see the tweets (and a few others) without beeing logged in by using this link: https://twitter.com/machin3io

2 Likes

wait is this supposed to be hyper cursor ?

EDIT: nope something else my bad.

No,

oh so CM will have things HC will not interesting.

There is only one tool both share: Blendulate. HyperCursor’s focus is very different. CURVEmachine is about editing curves with ease and flexibility.

CURVEmachine was born out of HyperCursor though, but it doesn’t make sense to put all of these curve tools into HC too. I already have half a dozen ideas where to take CURVEmachine, but again, it’s just very different than what HC does.

Probably a good idea then, looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

v1.0 is out! | https://curve.machin3.io - Gumroad, Documentation

curvemachine

Features:

• add a single point poly curve at the cursor’s location to quickly start extruding a curve
  • create, edit or undo curve radii or non-circular blends
  • slide a curve point along its previous or next segment
  • merge to the last selected point or to the center of the selection, including across two splines
  • shuffle the gap of a spline to another location
  • adjust curve thickness, extrusion and resolution, and toggle spline cyclicity
  • interpolate curve point thickness and tilt
  • connect two splines

Get it on Gumroad!

5 Likes

Thank you for the Patreon discount M!

2 Likes

My pleasure, thank you for your support! You made this.

blender market version ? :smiley:

1 Like

Not until they fix the damn sales/product ranking.

this is news to me what’s wrong with there stuff, some sort of king maker system or something ?

Ok, at the risk of coming across as a sore loser, or starting yet another ideological discussion and witch hunt:

Their “sales ranking” is now meaningless. It no longer represents quality, reputable products as being popular. There needs to be a distinction between free and paid, or better, let the price at time of each sale directly contribute to the ranking’s score. If a product for 10 USD is sold 100 times, it obviously has more value to the community than a free product “selling” 100 times. So, simply comparing the “sale” numbers not sufficient to make a reputational judgement. Frankly it’s also disrespectful to creators whose paid products have “earned” their ranking over many years, and are now being displaced by free, low(er) effort products, or even free variations of otherwise quality products. It pollutes the market, and is a terrible incentive. BM should aim to be a place for quality products, that are able to maintain their quality and (usually free) product support for a long time. That means, paid products.

Here’s a quote from another dev about this and another related issue:

The rating system is not very good right now. And the quality of a product is much more than its rating.
The “best” free addons are not and cannot be as good as the paid addons. It’s not possible and inevitably free products move to paid or just die. That doesn’t stop some creators on her milking the current ranking system which is what this issue is about. Creators very clearly abuse the current system by listing free, changing it to paid to trick people into thinking it’s a good paid product. The issue is that the creators who’ve been here working hard for years and growing their rank organically and not through tricks and games are being very clearly harmed by the landslide of low quality tools that keep appearing on the platform. We’ve seen this happen twice in the last year that people come on. Sell their tool super cheap or free. It goes viral. It turns out that it’s just stolen content and then the user gets a bad taste in their mouth and doesn’t use the platform again.

I’m not alone thinking this. I’ve talked to many other devs who think similar.

In short, quality is no longer incentivized on Blender Market, and their sales ranking (giving exposure to reputable, community trusted products) is being manipulated and abused.

edit: it seems like blenderartists changes the link I’ve posted and makes it non-functional. So go to the main page of Blendermarket and click on “View all popular items” at the bottom right.

edit2: This has been resolved on June 15th. Partly at least. Free products now no longer rank as sales. Still, no distinction is being made between a 1$ product selling 100 times vs a 10$ product selling 100 times, both would rank equally.

5 Likes

Ooh i had no idea stuff like this was happening i typically just have a couple addon creators i follow and that’s about it.

1 Like

Yeah would love to have it available on Blender Market too, definitely a straight purchase! For me personally I didn’t really use the “Popular” list as most of the time it’s not related to what I need, even if it’s free. 99% of the times I’ll just go to the Scripts and Addons section to check the new addon that I might need, rather then the popular one.

To me it’s more of a centralize website to get/ check for update for my addons collections then anything else. Though this makes me wonder the benefit of Gumroad over BM, since as far as I know Gumroad doesn’t even have a page to discover and their rating system without any comment.

Other then that congrats on this new product, looks really useful!

1 Like

There is no benefit to gumroad, other than me using this situation and the tiny bit of leverage it gives me to get BM to fix the problem.

Thanks for your support, much appreciated.

This plugin, HC and conjureSDF will probably the last plugins i buy in blender lol.

1 Like

Not a fan of gumroad. I like the user dashboard and how you can manage your add-ons. I dislike when there is an update, and it’s not really clear what to download. The site’s nav is bad if you drop in from an outside link, you can’t get to other parts of the site. You have to go back to lib. I never click a link from an email add. But most of all getting any help from gumroad is impossible.

View content is broken.

3 Likes